Monday, August 7, 2006

I can hear the voice, but I don't wanna listen. Strap me down and tell me I'll be alright

Good morning everyone. I'm trying to keep a positive face on... but it's hard. I'm excruciatingly tired. I don't know if thats correct grammar but it seems to work for me. My friends have once again led me astray! I so planned for a quiet afternoon and a good sleep last night, but... alas... I was thwartted and sent to drink beer. And then back to my apartment for swimming.

On the upside, there were some hot ladies there, and they were working the bikinis. Thats always good. But the down side is I had 4 hours of restless, waking up every 30 minutes sleep. For some reason I have a lot of things running through my head. Nothing real disconcerting... just lots of random thoughts.

One thing that struck me tonight was how un-aggressive i can be. I don't necessarily see this as a bad thing, I'm just real laid back. Jersey has a great picture (she says) of me on her sofa all chilled. That's pretty much how I've been going through life. Trying not to get worked up, or overworked, with things in my little world.

But there are downsides. I do tend to wait for things to come, not necessarily going out and grabbing them, even when its right in front of my face. Often I second guess myself, especially when it comes to buying things or deciding what I want to do to amuse myself.

When it comes to women, it's even worse. I'm right there with JR, never knowing what they want. I have a theory about this... it's because women usually don't know what they want. And I have found in the past on occasion what I want isn't anywhere close to what they want. And i don't think I'm the only one with this particular issue.. and I know it isn't isolated to us boys either.

After all is said and done, maybe I should just follow Nike's advice, and "Just Do It"... they say go with your first instinct... I only wish I knew who "they" we're and how "they" ended up. I know my first instincts have ended up in a few bruises and slap across the face here and there.... but I seem to be prospering fairly well and getting on with life.

JR won the last round of music trivia and recieved a fabulous prize. Although, I'm not sure if using Google is quite fair! And your pretty well spot on Grace, the quotes tend to reflect my mood or thoughts... but trivia is still fun to play!

No comments:

Post a Comment