Monday, July 31, 2006

Tough, but very huggable

Good Monday everyone! It was a good weekend for me, hope everyone else had the same. I saw so many familiar faces at the Georgia Dome.. people I haven't seen in years... approaching a decade on occasion. Very good to see some familiar faces. And it only reminds me how much of a slacker I am at keeping in touch. Nothing like walking through CNN center and some one yelling your name, or talking that person you've been trying to find for months... and brief glimpse of terror in her eye when a large mane comes running torward her....

And I have to say, Shelley, Linda, Scott, Jeff, Jenn, and Jennie (they're different people) are such positive people to be around. Make me smile. Makes me want to be a better person myself and get rid of some of the negative influenceas that tend to hang around my apartment. And, normally I don't need anyone to lead me toward temptation... I'm quite good at finding on my own. After being around u guys, I just want to improve myself.. to strive to be better at... whatever. Its nice to have positive role models in life.

And believe me, its not everyone I would carry luggage a mile for or meander all over the Ga Dome looking for people... my feet still hurt. But it was all worth it. I hope its not so long between the next visits, and I fully intend to work on that. However, my whacked out schedule often conflicts with their whacked out schedules. Now that we've all grown up and taken on the burdens of adulthood.. its so hard to be with those who meant so much in your youth. Even more so now that we've spread out across the country. Its very interesting to see how our lives have all worked out... what directions we've gone since getting off the bus that last time.

I have made many new friends since then, and they're great people and i wouldn't trade them for anything, but theres a bond that was formed so many years ago with the durm corps people that just can't be duplicated without enduring the same suffering and joy... we had lot sof both. Its like having another family, except u really like this one!

I find it funny that in years to come, I will forget the performances of the indiviidual corps on the field, but I'll remember having dinner sittng on the floor of CNN Center with Jenn, Jeff, and Shelley. I won't remember what Crown played.. but I'll remember watching it with Scott. Good times.

And that being said... its nice to know that according to Shelley and Jenn, I'm the most huggable person in the world.... but I'm still tough as nails!

No comments:

Post a Comment