Friday, July 28, 2006

My rights are denied by those least qualified, trading profit for pride

So, i'm trying to be upbeat and optimistic about things. Not that I have a reason not to be, but its just hard sometimes. I did nothing much today but sleep, and ti was good. And i did hit 50 on the Taco Mac beers done list. A milestone has been reached. Then A came over and woke me up about 1030 and we just chatted. Shes planning a trip for us to Australia... again. We were doing this trip before, then she changed to Greece, and then a world tour, and now back to Oz. I'm not optimistic that it well ever happen, and I'm not sure I even want to go. I would almost prefer doing it alone. Though talking about going down did bring up some wonderful memories of good times and great people met.

One of the things i really love about travelling is meeting different people from around the world. Their opinions and views on things are always so different, just form growing up in a different culture and environment. Even in "western" cultures like Europe and Australia. I remember one question I would always get asked was do I own a gun.. well, yes I do, since I was a kid. That shocked people. And i never thought it a big deal.

And then again, whethers its a round table pub discussion over much beer or traditional Scottish dancing with an Isreali girl ... I've been lucky to experience a lot of different people and personalities that have enriched my view of the world. Everyone should try it.I do however wish I had stayed in touch with some people I had met, many have dropped off due to some... well... we just didn't see eye to eye on some things. Perhaps I'll look for them on Myspace.

And while we're feeling inspirational, check this website out. http://www.theinterviewwithgod.com/viewmovie.html I really like this video and agree with the sentiments.

OK, since i wrote a small novel last night I'll keep this one short. Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend and i'll be writing. I do appreciate that people are taking time to read these things, make sme feel I'm not just talking to myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment