Tuesday, June 3, 2008

We gotta get out of this place, if it’s the last thing we ever do

For whatever reason, there seems to be a general funk spreading around. And it'd catchng most the people I know. The reasons are varied, but everyone seems to be ina such a blah mood theres no around to cheer me up out of my blah mood. And since I'm older, I call dibs on blah moods.

The causes seem to be varied for this particular funkiness (and I don't mean funkiness in a George Clinton sort of way), they all seem to be insurmountable in our respective minds. They're not, but just feels that way.

Last year at this time, I had just returned from a couple tropical islands and a big boat ride, and packing for a weekend trip down under. Of course I was also making more coin and living near my friends. Perhaps a change in scenery is due. Are we all just long overdue for a temporary escape from reality? Some may call it running away from the problems, I call it regrouping.

Unfortunately the prospects of any trip, while sounding fun, also sound expensive. And I'm monetarily disenfranchised. And $4 gas doesn't help. Along with expensive everything else. But at least I would have something exciting to look forward to. With recent disapointments, that could be helpful in itself.

Maybe I'm a little homesick, moving to a new place is always an adventure, if its across state lines or across town. Yet, I still don't feel like I'm at home. So much for that where the heart is crap.

In other news, I did hzve fun company this weekend, and we did see some fn things... lost in no where kentucky, and finding a blues guitar legend to play for us. If you get the chance, see Buddy Guy. But there still seems to be a cloud following me around at the moment. And it seems that I'm not the only one.

I'm holding to the hope, it will all get better soon. Or else i'll run away from "home".

No comments:

Post a Comment