Friday, May 30, 2008

Never seem to find the time, plans that either come to naught or half a page of scribbled lines

I'm not sur ewhere to go, but its nto all working according to the grand plan. I had hoped to head south for the weekend. My nephew, Devin, is graduating from high school, Chrissie is getting married, Adam is leaving the country, and I haven't seen Susan in what seems like forever. And I hoped to partake in all of these events over this weekend but it doesn't look like it is going to work out. The plan fell apart. Well, not just on plan A, but B, C, and D seem to have developed flaws.

The last month seems to be alot of that. Granted there have been some great hi-lights, but its also been tasking. Work is progressing, I'm coming into the last week of my training. Tomorrow, I'm working with one of the lead dispatchers, the guys who handle the ATC conference calls, manage the delays, and keep the masses informed of whats going on. It being my only opportunity tog et this training for the foreseeable future, its strongly encouraged I be there for it. So, no Friday flight. Bu on the upside, looks like big Brown (the company) is going to find some new volume to fly, which increases my potential to upgrade. So that's a plus.

Adam has decided to take a job teaching English in Thailand and leaves on the 4th. He ma never be seen again once he is surrounded by young Thai girls who he can make his personal love slaves and live like a king on Pattaya Beach for mere dollars. Of course, I best get invitations to visit. I do love Thai food.

The last few months of relationship time has been trying, I haven't seen enarly enough of Susan, and the meetings seem to be harder to arrange. And the time we are together is like a tease, knowing that within 24 ours I'll be whisked away by a jet plane (or a prop plane that nearly makes me nauseous). Hopefully this all changes soon, and it should. I've never been good at waiting for things, usually when I see it and I want it, I go get it. But, I know she's worth the time and effort, more than worth it.

On the upside, I do have a long weekend next weekend, and I'll be int he ATL area for at least a short time. I'm not completel sure what the schedule is going to look like. I'm getting to the point where it feels like my weekends there are more stressful than they should be, with the crashing in Jersey's house (thanx BFF), hitching rides, and trying to fit in time with everyone i want to see. I feel like quite a mooch sometimes but I also feel I'm shorting lots of people in there requests for quality time with me! Theres neevr enough time when you need, and then it drags on when you're alone or at work.

Oh well, enough complaining, I does look like I'll get a chance to hang out with Marianne, who's passing through the Ville, and crashing here. SO that could provide the distraction from wising I was somewhere else


No comments:

Post a Comment