Saturday, May 3, 2008

And there off....

So I'm a little buzzed. I spent the day drinking from about noon until a few hours ago. Add to that I was out side, and seemingly a little sunburned. let's recap the last couple days.

Eric (aka Pepe aka Tommy Bahama) was in town with some friends from Jersey for the race. Oh yeah, it was Kentucky Derby weekend. It seems to be a big thing around here. Anyways, I met up with Eric on Friday to catch the kentucky oaks race at Churchill Downs. We met at "Tiny's", which essentially is a parking area behind a reformed crack house. Tiny is the master BBQ-er and has a space for parking, eating, and drinking. It's also a block from the gates. SO we hung out, got our drink on, and then went in for a few races. Unfortunately it rained almost all afternoon. We spent most the day under the grandstands and out of the weather.

Friday night I was called about 10 pm and told the gang was going downtown to 4th Street Live, an entertainement/club area of town. I decided to cruise down and check out the festivities. I unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) missed the free Goo Goo Dolls concert. I did however get to there intime to meet the Jersey boys at one fo the bars. It was a good time and very amusing.

Let me stop here and interject some wardrobe observations. There are an incredible amount of hats being paraded about. Hats no self respecting woman would normally wear. And in turn, theres some wonderful light colored, often pinstriped, suites on the boys. I must get one for future endeavors of this sort, though the only other time I would possibly wear it is if I joined a barber shop quartet. And then theres the after race wardrobe While out at 4th Street, the boys wore (for the most part) the standard wardrobe of a long sleeve buttone down shirt, untucked, and jeans. Some accented he standard outfit with a jacket. The girls however wore a variety of interesting fashions. Varying from the standard jeans and "cute" top (that usually accentuates the breastestess) to something you expect a hooker to be wearing. I've been out a fari amount in the Atlant area, but here, for Derby week, the girls entered a new level of.. lets say risque.

OK, back to 4th Street. I left the aprty early at 2 am to get some sleep. Apparently, this weekend the town is open till 6 AM. Seriously! Thats ridiculous.

This morning I wrestled with staying home and saving money or going to theKentucky Derby and spending money. Well, at first I had planned to stay in, bu then, after a couple hours of sleep, I decided to go and have some fun. And I'm glad I did. It was a good time and quite the little party. I got a ride from the Jersey boys' hotel to Tiny's, hung out and had a few drinks and Brats, and then inside.

I did manage to finally win a wager. I bet on Big Brown to place, and he won. So I was up a whopping $6 (I'm a big gambler). The other ponies i put money on.. Holy Grace, Grace and Power, and Sharp Susan (guess what I based my betting on) didn't come in. Oh well. I had fun. I was sad to hear that a horse was put down after the Derby. I hate seeing that. Everyone knows I'm not a horse fan, but they are beautiful animals and I'm glad I didn't have to see that.

So, now I'm home. There's a chance I may be caled to go out tonight. Again the town is closing at 6 am. But I may just stay home and relax.

For the future, everyone should think about coming and seeing this Derby thing. it's really a good party.

OK, thats all for now. I posted pics from today and yesterday. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment