Sunday, June 15, 2008

All around, people looking half dead, Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head


Current mood: complacent
I know its probably bad form to complain about free flights, but I'm not going to let that stop me. As much as I enjoy the good folks at Argyle Sillystring Argyle letting me ride, they could at least put planes with air conditioner on the flights I'll be taking. I've discovered why the ATR(which is french for flying sauna) is "the devil in airplane form". After boarding the plane in Montgomery, we taxied ounl to be put on hold for about 20 minutes... ATRs don't air condition well despite the big fans on the wings. Unlike jets that fly really high into the colder air, the ATR get just high enough fly into the rough air at the bases of thunderstorms. But not enough to et into colder air and cool off the plane. SO it warmed and warmed. And then being 30 minutes late, I had to move my gimpy fastest from the end of D concourse to the end of C to ctch the next SDF flight. Luckily, it was late too, and the gate agent was very helpful in getting me on the plane... I was the last person, and the plane was held shortly to get me out and on.

And while I'm bitching, who at the TSA decided that I'm a freaking threat and put my name on the no-fly list??? Yes, when i check in for a jumpseat, after they confirm my identity (picture included) with the magic computer that gives me cockpit access, the gate agents have to then confirm my identity that tells them I'm not a terrorist (again, with the same passport info tat tells them I'm in the cockpit club). Seriously! I'm going to throw a shoe.

OK, thats enough of that, I did have a wonderful weekend, though too short, with Susan. We didn't do much, with the exception of her making me clean out her classroom. Otherwise we just hung around and enjoyed each others company. It had been way too long. I'm very much looking forward to this weekend, and the fun that ensues. I can only hope that I have 2 fully functional feet for dancing.

Otherwise, i made it through all the big brown dispatcher checks, an I'm a qualified dispatcher again. This week I start training to become qualified as a super dispatcher (ie, international style). The two big downers is I don;t get the raise until thats finished, and that I have a week of int'l class and its a one on one class. Yay. How can i sleep if I'm the only student?

Thats about it. I have a lot to accomplish this week, and I hope I can get it all done. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment