Saturday, December 16, 2006

The year in preview: around the world in a daze


Current mood: contemplative

I'm trying to make plans, and I'm not usually so good at that. Theres some places I want to be at specific times next year, and I'm having a hard time working out the details. And then I have a hard time paying for it. So, here's how its all shaping up. And these are just a few things I want to do: There's Shanghai in February, Bike Week in March, Dave Matthews Band in Sydeny in April, Dave Matthews Band in Brussels in May, a Cruise in May, plus some where in there a trip for a week to Cairo or somewhere else in Africa (I think January is open). Now the problems here are the DMB in Brussels and the possible cruise are pretty much at the same time. Conflict number one.

And I'm sure here soon the DMB summer schedule will be announced, and that will require some coordination amongst interested parties. Oh and theres probably some potential trips to Jersey, Minneapolis, and Orlando that need to be made.

Oh and I have to visit South America (i'm think Buenos Aires) at some point next year to achieve my New Years resolution.

I think that should just about cover 2007. I may be spreading myself a little thin, or at least my bank account will be decimated. But I think it's worth it really. I suppose I should sit down, and plan out a budget and a schedule. And actually stick to it.

Then theres the normal stuff that comes up every year... do i want to move? I have a roommate possibility. Which would help with the expenses. But I've gotten kinda use to living with alone, but I do miss having some one around. Plus this person brings certain ASSets and pleasant decor to the living situation.

Now, I just need to figure that out, budget for 4 continents, Several states, and pay my bills on time. I suppose I could cut out beer. No, lets not even joke about that.

One money saving idea I'm coming up with, just eating at work for the rest of the month. Everyday I come in there's more candy and cookies and cakes and assorted snacks piled up in the office, plus 2 dinners being provided by the company. I could just eat at work. Thanx to some of the flight crews and ops reps, theres more German Chocolate in Dispatch than in most small German villages. Not that I'm complaining. Now if only i knew some one in Brussels who could send Belgium chocolate. Hrrrmm, wonder where I could find some one like that... say some No Talent Ass Clown that has the slackest job in the company right now.... hhuh? What are the chances?

On the Christmas front, I'm almost done with gifts (I know, and a whole week to go before Christmas!!!). I'm way ahead. I picked up the Harem's gift today... well, the major part of it. I think they find it both useful and entertaining. I have to get something for mom still, and my neice has put in a request, but I'm not sure if I can fill it. I should be finished and hopefully everything wrapped by Tuesday.... thats' the plan. Except JR's, it sona special order.... hahaha... don't ask what or how I got it, you don't want to know.

I got the bike out today, and even though she's overdue for an oil change... I took her out for a quickie. Its so nice out today and it's been so long since I've been for a ride. And she purred right along. I got off with a big grin. Its amazing it's December and I can ride the bike without needing the leathers for the cold. Yay for global warming.

Well, I think I'm gonna get back to work, which currently consists of me watching football on the big screen and Grey's Anatomy and CSI Miami on the internet. Don't worry, the planes are all running fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment