Sunday, December 17, 2006

I could use a beer and and a _____

I went off with Jersey shopping today at lenox mall. Wasn't as crowded as I expected, though we didn't stay long. Jersey seemed to think I was bored. I actually as enjoying watching the people shopping, and you really pick out the differences between men and women. For example. I watched a girl go to a sale table, pick up a shirt or something, look at, hold it up, unfold it, look at it some more, walk away and look at somehting else, come back to the first shirt, pick it back up, look at it some more, fold it back, walk around the rack, examine some other stuff, come back the original shirt, unfold it again, scrutinize it once again... and then leave.

And then a male shopper walks over to a rack (mens clothes just to be clear), pulls a shirt off, looks at the tag (i'm assuming for the size), puts it back, finds an exact copy of the shirt in a different size (i'm guessing) and then goes and buys it. So much simpler.

Now, we male types usually know what we want before we go, and find it and buy it. Rarely do we just browse (unless its for electronics or tools). Women browse for hours, just incase they might find something they don't need that's on sale. I find it hilarious.

The other thing that amused me while experience Lenox Mall was how all the seats and benches seemed to be occupied by men carrying bag(s). And occasionally, a woman (wife, girlfriend, mother) would walk over and either retrieve their loyal pet or hand them another bag and take off for another retail adventure. Apparently this is our job as men... hold bags, kill spiders, and lawn care. Once women find a better way to do all that, men will probably all die off as the next step of evolution..

I did enjoy the time out and I made use of it by actually buying something (which ironically Jersey didn't even though it washer shopping adventure). And I'm that much closer to being done shopping. I should be done by tomorrow if I can drag myself out of bed at a decent hour. And its not even Christmas Eve yet.

I'm starting to look forward to the idea of a roommate. Let's see if I can remember how to live with some one again. I suppose theres no more naked walking through the apartment. And more so, i'm looking forward to lowering my rent. More money to spend on frivolous things.

Its really slow at work till the end of the year, apparently we don't deploy alot of troops right before Christmas. So I'm catching up on the weeks TV shows I missed and reading. I suddenly have the urge to be a CIA operative and ovrethrow governemnts. Well, I've had the overthrow governments urge for a while.

Well, if I say anymore I'll have to kill you.

No comments:

Post a Comment