Tuesday, December 19, 2006

When you're lost in deep despair, you just ask the lonely

I've been really aggrevated all night at work, and its over a fairly insignicant thing as far as the universe goes. Basically there was a huge holiday luncheon for the employees catered here, and a special note was put out that the night shift people would provided dinner also. Now I wasn't expected the chef to be here carving the roastbeef and the ham or the chaffing dishes to be out in the breakroom, but I did expect more than ham and cheese sandwiches to be left.

So out fo a menu of made to order pastas, carved roast beef, ham, bacon wrapped scallops, meatballs in marinara sauce, salads, assorted cakes and pies: I expected a little more than ham and cheese sandwiches on hard bread to be left. What's better, the veggie tray thats been here for 2 days was left with a "For PM Shift". OK to be fair, half a cup of meatballs and scallops was found in the refrigerator (and like a coffee cup).

Now, it's not that I'm missing out on a meal, but its like being told by management that my contributions here aren't nearly as important as people who work during the day.

So that started the aggravation, and then I just kinda got more and more annoyed with little things that really aren't that important. There's nothing worse then being under appreciated and it got to me.

Then I started picking up a little attitude from some one, and the timing was just bad on his part. The attitude may have been imagined, I don't know. Right now I can't be bothered with it.

I'm feeling a little better now, and I'm looking forward to some days off and Christmas. I really need to do some heavy cleaning around the apartment, and I really wanna get my bike to the shop for an oil change. Those pretty much are my priorities for the week. Shopping is done, and I think everyone will be pleased with my ideas, or at least they'll get some use or a good laugh. That's all I'll say.

So, I have work to do, some place has to keep the planes moving while the high salary types sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment