Wednesday, August 6, 2008

They’re crossing their fingers, they pay the truth makers

Last night while at work, i had several great ideas and impressions I though would be fun to share with the world. Unfortunately, after a few hours sleep this morning I seem to have forgotten most of them. It' amazing how inspired one can be to rant after watching Fox News all night.

I don't pretend to be a republican, but on the other hand I don't pretend to be a democrat either. I pretend to be king of the world, but no one else seems to recognize my authority, thus I rule a kingdom of one. And not that well. He has soaring debt and tends to ignore issues at home. At least I didn't start war... yet. However, the closer the election comes the more disheartened I am with my options.

With the exception of a few issues, the candidates for change seem to have decided to changed their minds on wt exactly change is. One day its no oil drilling off shore, the next its limited. Soon, we'll be annexing the Bahamas and making each island an oil platform. Don't get me wrong, I think we as a county need to invest in a better way to meet our future energy needs. And yes, more drilling would be a way to do that. But we, as a people, need to realize that oil will run out, and we need to be prepared for it. Some people say we've hit this mythical "peak oil". Some people were saying it back in my youth. I think some people are full of poop. Also wonder how we know exactly how much oil is under a given spot.

For instance, there's 10 Bajillion barrels of oil under the ANWR lands. How do "they" know? If it's so easy to find 10 bajillion barrels of crude, shouldn't we be able to find it not under wildlife refuge but under some place no one cares about, like Detroit? I guess my point is we have no idea how much, or how little, oil is under the ground. So, should we drill for more in restricted places??? Sure. Should we have the most elaborate safe guards that can be designed by man to make sure we're not spewing crude into the gulf of Mexico or over a herd of moose... definitely. Will that increase the cost, you betcha. But at $4 a gallon, gas is still cheaper than bottled water or Starbucks drinks.

And lets go for these alternative energies. Solar.. thats a great idea on sunny days. what about during cloudy stormy days??? How about wind. Awesome. Why don't we just build windmills with solar power cells on them? Oh yeah, its because everyone thinks windmill farms look cool driving by them in a distant desert, but not in our daily line of sight.

So here lies another issue I have with our political parties. For gods sake this country doesn't need some one to bend to our mass will and desire, but some one who will do whats best for the people regardless how many people it pisses off. Kind of like a parent. We, unfortunately, have become a nation of whiny brats, and our leaders keep catering to us. We get worse... at some point, some one needs to say" No, go to your room, no mortgage tax credit for you".

I'm kind of annoyed my tax dollars are paying for the houses of people who didn't read the fine print on their mortgages. I should get to spend a week or something in the house at least... like a vacation timeshare.

Anyways, that's my rant for today, again I have to watch too much Fox News, who by the way are as heavily slanted to the right as CNN is to the left, fair an balanced my ass. I miss the days when people just reported the facts, and not try to interpret them for me.

IN other news, i put some pictures up so y'all can get an idea what I stare at all night at work (besides Fox). People ask what I do, and I usually try to explain but it always ends up with "oh, you work in the tower." At which point I just nod yes. But there, in pictures now, is a general representation of my 3 screen computer, which takes 7 minutes to run the full start up routine, and another 15ish minutes to sign in to all the various things I use.. I timed it last night. Whats more fun is behind all the windows you see, are a plethora of other windows that are open to other stuff i use... online charts, more wx, ATC flow control, historic fuels and payloads, Yahoo!, and USA Today.

Its an obscene amount of information... but there's lots of neat toys and pretty colors involved too! And for fun I can track Grace and Ryan (sometimes), and send pithy text messages when they land. Ryan is a little harder to track, service in Kerplackistan is spotty at best.

I'm going to go think about cleaning the apartment and taking a 5 mile jog. I'm not gonna do it, but I m thinking about it... just as good right?

No comments:

Post a Comment