Thursday, August 14, 2008

Gooooooooo TEAM!

I'd like to give a big hell yeah for the US swim team. They're doing great in keeping us ahead in the medal count. I'd also like to give props out for the Aussie team, who's running in third. Not bad for a country with the population roughly equal to that of New York City.

I've been taking in a lot of Olympics of late, it seems that badminton is the best thing on TV at times. Plus we can get them turned on the big screen at work, and it provides a much needed break from break from Fox News. And with the recent, um, disagreement in borders in the Russia area, there's minute to minute coverage of Barrack on a beach. And that's just useless to me.

So, it's time for a couple days off and then back to work at 0615 on Saturday. Which SUCKS!. I'm not a morning person. But it will be my last training rotation. That makes me happy.

As a side note, I love technology a little more. Since Susan had a MacBook donated to her from the school, we're able to video conference. It's like the old scifi movies or Star Trek episodes where the idea of video phones was just amazing. Now we got it, and it's kind of cool. Saves me from subjecting Susan to my horrible typing. And while we're on technology, lets talk about my new mobile phone. It's pretty cool! Who would've thought 10 years ago I could have a cell phone capable of full interweb access, worldwide roaming, and the ability to send video and pictures across. Amazing when you think about it.

I need to spend the next couple days cleaning and laundering. I have week old dishes in the sink begging for a wash. Sad I know. So, that seems to be the plan for my days off. I know, it's a party.

I'm looking at getting some Tech-Miami tickets for Nov 20th. It's a Thursday game and I could make i down without having the problem of work getting in the way. Anyone wanna go with me??? $40. The only other Thursday night game is August 28th against the JSU Gamecocks. As much as yelling "Beat those Cocks!" with 30,000 other people would be an experience, I don't think it's a game I'm really wanting to see. Though the idea of taking a day off and going to Boston to see the Tech/BC game.

Thats all for now, look for more tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment