Thursday, August 28, 2008

no subjective subjects

Current mood:impervious

I know Grace has been reading up on being a better writer, and seemingly is getting a lot of practice in on the blogging. I was thinking I should be more prolific in my own literary expeditions, but I'm not that interesting.

However, I did have some lovely days off in Birmingham. And it's always great to spend time with Susan. It's kind of weird though, I just hang around her place all day while she's herding a pride of 5 year olds around. And it's just like that, she even carries a lion tamer's whip. Then I get to spend lovely evenings with her.

Last night, I spotted a Melting Pot restaurant, and Susan thought it would be the best place ever to have dinner. Now neither of us had ever experienced fondue for a meal, though Susan has a fondue cooking apparatus. But the look on her face when they bring out raw meat was most amazing. We made it through the initial melted cheese stage no problem, but then the raw fish, filet, sirlion, chicken, and shrimp came out. And basically we boiled the food to a tasty finish in a caribbean citrus base. Very tasty, and the upside is you are forced to eat slowly and that precludes you from really overstuffing yourself.

The the funniest thing is watching 2 people who hardly ever cook anything cook their own dinner in public. It was a fun outing, and after my initial resistance, a glad I let her win that particular debate. :-p

in other news, I'm going to try and head down to ATL next week. And would like to see if anyone out there is interested in a Thursday night trivia outing? Or maybe a Braves game? I haven't been to a baseball game all year, and that's a little sad.

Anyways, today is my Monday and I get to work the long Labor Day weekend. Hopefully being a holiday weekend will it will be nice and quiet. But first, I need find food and get motivated to move off the couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment