Friday, April 11, 2008

What manner of Jackassery must I deal with today?

It's Friday, which means I'm off work today and U have nothing I need to do. SO, I'm essentially doing exactly that. Well, Not exactly true. I managed to run some speaker wire and place the surround sound speakers. Unortunately the center channel speaker is dead, and has been for years. I've just been working around it. But I may have to actually replace it now. The other problem I'm having is that I despise exposed wires. And theres no good way to hide aall the various wires running around the room and, since I can see them, deal with the nest of wiring behind the TV stand. SO the answer is obvious, I need a new entertainment center that I can't see behind, and a new TV to fit in the entertainment center!

But I have my income earmarked for other necessities and stuff thats more important than that. But at least I have surround sound again.

Well, tomorrow is the big airshow here in the Ville. I'm not thinking I'm going to make it out there, mainly because the eather is suppose to be kinda crappy. And I just don;t know about venturing there alone. However, I did see a flock of Apache helicopters and the little airport nearby, and thy looked really neat. It's a short fence, I bet I can take one.

We'll see how I feel tomorrow,

In other news, I was told this week that there has been a change at work, I'm now to plan to go all the way through training. Initially, I wa sonly to go through the classroom portion and then wait until an opening came around for my OJT. Well, seems the powers that be have changed their minds, and with the new people hired I can be sent through the full domestic training. That makes me happy. And a little nervous. Still no word on the promotion, the alleged quitter has yet to resign, but has been out on disability for 3 weeks. So, we'll just wait.

Also, I've been getting Kudos at work, which is always nice to hear. Though it's disrupting my plan to lay low and go unnoticed.

Last night, I was invited out with coworkers again for adult beverages. I think one of them has decided this new bar is our new favorite hangout. It's a nice little place, and last night they had some good blues being played but the band. It's not crowded, but theres people. The music is good, but its not overpowering and you can still hold a conversation. It's nice to hear about things in the office. I'm very much an outsider to all the little cliches, but I like to hear opinions and ideas on how things work, or don;t work as the case may be. The trick is rememebring these are just opinions, and to keep them in such perspective.

On the upside, my union shop steward was there, and decided I wasn't allowed to buy beer until I was upgraded. I'm not good at accepting people paying for me, I'm getting better. But I still prefer to pay my own way. However, the sentiment was much appreciated, and Charlie seems to be a good guy. His kids are interested in marching Drum Corps next summer, and we were discussing that. Small world.

Anyways, today is nice out, mid 70's. The sun has decided to make an appearance. Unfortunately, more raind anc cold is coming in tonight. I'm attempting to enjoy it as much as possible. But, I have boxes to break down and I should do some cleaning.

Also, Mt niece turnd 20 today... I'm getting old! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment