Saturday, April 12, 2008

So what, I’m Drunk! It’s the freakin weekend I wanna have me some fun.

OK, so I'm not really drunk, yet. I did find some Kronenberg 1664 at the liquor barn. It's a tasty French beer that is responsible a few fuzzy memories during my trip to Paris. Who knw the French could make good beer?

Today was the big Thunder over Louisville, and I think I may have some inkling of what living in Sarajevo must've been like a few years back. There's been fighter planes buzzing around all day. It's been kind of cool to. I did venture out with the intent to take in the Thunder in person. However, I felt that $20 for parking, and that being th cheap lot, was a bit extreme. So, I came home, bought some supplies, went to get lunch, and watched the show on TV, and occasionally from the back deck.

I had remarked all week to various random individuals how I as more interested in the planes than the fireworks, and that's still true. I had attributed this to the fact that recent fireworks veiwings have been lacking in the certain umph that I had hoped for. I probably was spoiled by seeing the most fantastic display a few years back in Sydeny. It was fairly amazing and incredible. Well, Watching the Louisvill fireworks, they're not quite up to that level, but damn fine job. I think I just really like when they look like they're trying to blow up a bridge. So next April, everyone should think about taking in the show.

Otherwise it's been a quiet weekend at home. I've tried t catch up with a couple people and just be relaxed. Tomorrow I plan to do more fo the same, and then back to work and more training. Yay.

It also looks like I'm going to be taking in the derby this year. If anyone is interested let me know. But I have some old TransMeridian pals coming into town and we're suppoe to party like rock stars. Also found a new bourbon that's pretty damn smoooooth. Of course, that being said it's most likely $100 a bottle.

Well, my attntion needs to be diverted elsewhere. I hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment