Sunday, April 20, 2008

blinded by the light... wait, I fixed that.

I'm feeling very good. I'm rested, I'm still kind of sniffly and coughy, but nothing compared to what I was over the last week. I think I've moved from the cold phase to the pollen allergy phase, which believe it or not is an improvement. But the weekend was a productive one. I not only slept a lot, but I managed to some stuff down round the house.

Apparently around age 31, men seem to really get into home improvement and become addicted to shopping at Home Depot. Suddenly, look around the apartment here theres all these things I think I could do, as a hand rail, paint, expand a closet. Ad most of them I could manage, but I also have this issue with starting somethign, and just never finishing it. But this weekend, with a borrowed drill (and if anyone is looking for a gift for me, a black and decker cordless drill is on the list) i set about to install blinds.

The day started off rather inauspiciously, nothing I did was right. I was missing a big part of the blind installing process, apparently you're suppose to drill the screw wholes and not just try and power the screws into the wood. Who knew? Certainly wasn't on the freaking instructions, however the screw directly into the wood part was. SO, once i figured that part out, and spent some quality at the home depot (my third trip in as many weeks, I became the proud owner of a set of drill bits.

Eventually I whipped the blinds into shape, and now the windows are covered. Which is for luck for anyone staying in the "guest room", since is a 6 foot by 4 foot window with a clear view from the street. And as much as Grace or Tanya (who I think are coming up next month) enjoy being exhibitionists, I don't need a crowd on the front lawn. Unless i can sell tickets.. hrrrmmm

I also, managed tog et the remains of the moving boxes out to the garbage, only to be replaced with blind boxes (yes, they can't see, its very sad). I also replaced the headlight bulb on the car, which is a fairly simply procedure I managed to complicate by dropping the bulb. Of course i couldn't drop it so it would fall through to the ground...Noooo. I felt into some small part of the car thats really not easily accessable.

Eventually, i fished out the bulb and installed it. And viola... 2 headlights!

The rest of the afternoon I think will be further chilling, and laundry. It's never ending excitement here in the ville!

No comments:

Post a Comment