Friday, May 18, 2007

Just sit right back and you'll hear a tale, a tale of a fateful trip,

The Sea was angry that day. We cast off from the harbour just after 10. And just after that, the waves began to swell, the clouds darkened. The sky was warning us to go no further, but we pressed on. The the wind kicked up, and the rains came. The deluge that followed was ferocious. You couldn't see the stern from the bow. Lightning crashed down around us, and thunder rumbled so loud it knocked you down. But we pressed on. And then, at the darkest moment, the sea decided we were worthy to pass... and she let up.

Unfortunately not enough to get the snorkleing trip in, and since we were held captive on a small island with nothing much to do but watch the lesbian volley ball tournament. That was the bad part.

Luckily, the rest was good. I think we all persevered quite well to overcome the small quarters and occasional rough seas. And, I must say ashamedly, that I did manage to spend more money on booze than on the cruise itself. Yes, I was quite the lush. And i'm ok with that.

I want to send a huge thankyou out to the fine friends who not only entertained me before and after the boat ride, but also allowed me to shack up under their roofs. Thanx to Heather and Brent for allowing me to take over the couch. And to Jenn and Jeff for taking in the surprise visitor who just randomly showed up on the door step. That was very gracious and I enjoyed spending the time their. It was unfortunate I only saw Shelley and Danny for a few minutes. But even though none of the original plans came to fruition, it worked out great. Anytime you guys need a place to stay, just stop by.

OK, so... back on the boat... we had some great people that went so far out of the way to keep us happy. And the neighbor boys kept us amused. Who knew you could fit that many people on of our cabins at once?? And they were fellow Georgia Tech alums, though they actually graduated.

My legs are sore... the walking and step climbing and dancing really worked them out. Yes I was dancing, and I'm sure I looked like an idiot, but then again, so did other people. And we had fun. And we ate a ridiculous amounts of food. SOme how we could never manage to all show up ontime at dinner, nd I think Magda and Adi were awesome in accomadating us. Monali kept us well supplied with Grey Goose Martinis and Whiskeys of all kind, with ample supplies of olives and cherries. And then she'd do it again in the disco. And it all was great.

So next time, I think we'll not get three to a cabin. And i'll look into finding an liquor included package. I'll have pictures up by morning I think. I'll post them on my photobucket... http://s84.photobucket.com/albums/k19/mellodees/

So, I'll pontificate more on the trip later, I just want to let everyone know I'm back, and to thank all those who put me up for a night or two know how great it was. And thank Tanya and Joe for inviting me along, and Grace and Carity for allowing me to share a room with the hottest girls on the boat. I hope I didn't drive you crazy... and I swear I won't use that the "The Sea was angry that day" intro again until the next boatride...

Nows the part where my liver rests...

No comments:

Post a Comment