Monday, May 28, 2007

Celebrate we will, becasue life is short but sweet for certain

OK, some of you may or may not know I'm a fan of a underground band from Charlottesville that goes by the Dave Matthews Band. And while this year I'm not plannig to make any long sojourns to see them, just to Tampa. And the only reason I was up for that one was because it was a) close, 2) I get to see Shelley, Daniel, Jen andJjeff, and III) I had to see at least one show as they have yet to announce the ATL show at Lakewood.

Well, it looks as if the band will be doing a stop in Atlanta, but in a change of venue they are currently slated to play Peidmont Park. So for all those people out there that say they never know when Dave is playing (Hurrmph.. thats you Sean), the show is on or around the 8th of September, 2007. ON sale dates haven't been published, so keep an eye out.

that news, to quote my dear friend Grace, "makes me happy".

Happy Memorial Day to everyone, hope everyone has something at least mildly amusing to celebrate the kick off of the summer. I think I'm doing an afternoon pool appearance, possibly including adult beverages. Anyone and everyone is welcome to swing by the PTC AMLI to hang out.

I should swipe Joe's grill and carry it down there. I wonder if management would care? Of course we're not really abiding by the rules as it goes now for grill usage. Oh well.

So, after 6 hours of being at work, I'm just starting to wake up. I was quite grumpy this morning, mostly stemming for being in the office too much over the last week or so... pretty much everyday since getting home from vacation. I read the other day that more than 50% of Americans do not use their alotted vacation time... that's sad. Apparently about the same percentage say they are overstressed on the job. I wonder if they're might be correlation.

I think excessive hours in the workplace are a huge reason for the sort of funk I'm finding myself sliding too. Five OT days is a bit much for me, especially with some of the drama queens around here (no you Charles).

So, I'm going to get back to the plane watching, I have a full 4 days off this coming week, so from about 1300 Thursday till 0300 Tuesday I'm pretty much free to bum around, except Friday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment