Monday, May 7, 2007

I gotta have more cowbell!!

I'vegot my Mt. Dew and I'm ready to blog. Unfortunately, I don't know what to talk about. It was eventful day for me. I had so sleep Saturday to speak, and I apologize to anyone (mostly the people I work with) for being overly grumpy. And then, at the end of the work day, excitement. galore!!! I do so enjoy inflight emergencies. But the plane made it back safely, much to the chagrin of the Italian Air Force who had to come back to work. Oh well, all the do is ride vespas around all day, like in Roman Holiday... chaio.

So, another Amazing Race has ended. Thats about the only reality show I really enjoy. It's great for vacation ideas. They show a lot of out of the way places and itneresting things to do there, though I doubt I'll be able to do an airdrop on Guam. I'm most happy the midget team lost, because they annoy me. So much whining. And yes, I know theres some irony in me whining about the whiners.

I also watched an SNL special that covered the 90's. That seems like so long ago. They would play some sketches from the days I religiously watched SNL (hey, I couldn't drive yet, had no money and not very popular... what else was there to do). And in a fondness that usuall accompanies remembering times gone by, i kinda missed those days. Back when your whole life was ahead of you and I didn't any of those grow up responsibilites. No bills. No job. Back when get to Southwind camps was the highest priority in life.

Yeah I know, I'm so old now. But I have about 15 years of cynicism and hearbreaks under my belt now, along with about 30 more pounds of me. I really can't complain too loudly about the hand life has dealt me, because really I've had a lot of fun. Sure there are some things I would have like to have done, but oh well.

I do miss the music of those days. I listened to a lot more radio then, and DMB was new. Nirvana was revolutionary, even though most of us didn;t know what the lyrics were. We were the end of Generation X, though we didn't know who Generation X was or why we were suppose to be them. Just a label some one in the media gave us. It's pretty much the same these days. Those people where were in college during that time are now moving to positions of influence (and probably still smoking pot) and have their own labels for the youth of the world.

At least we won the first Gulf War quickly, and Friends were all new episodes. Life was good!

Now, i'm just trying to make it until Friday. It's payday, its go to florida day. It's get ready for a boat ride day. It's see Shelley and Daniel day. It's forgot about being 30 and go back to living in 1992 day.

I'm still reeling from a message from my faux fiancee. But I'm getting by. I'm still looking forward to our marriage someday. And though she's a wonderful person, with that damn awesome accent, she's so far away. I really do want to move there. That would be an adventure. (Of course, i'm not really reeling... but she is sweet and does have a sexy accent, and is more than me than just a way to immigrate to another country)

Maybe today I'll get soe more info on a trip down under. I'm still looking at an Easter Island possibility in fall. I'm just ready to go. I'm thinking solar appreciation time after work today, everyones invited!

No comments:

Post a Comment