Friday, March 2, 2007

All the news that is news

So, there is some news I find slightly disturbing out these days (besides the round th clock coverage of Anna Nicole Smith's death.. . really, how does that affect me?) And be warned, there are religious implications.

Apparently, some one seems to think they found the tomb of Jesus and the family. Now, I only read a small artocle, but the premis is they found a tomb in suburbs of Jeruselum and there were several "coffins" in them with the names Jesua (or Joshua, the actual name of Jesus), Joseph, Mary, another Mary (Magdalan) and Juda (Judas... the allegedly shild of Jesus and Mary).

There are plans to DNA test the remains and prove that it is indeed Jesus Christ. Where "they" have a sample of Jesus' DNA stored I have no idea. I imagine the most they can prove is the age of the remains and the possible relations of the people inside.

Personally, i'm torn on this. While finding the clues to prove the historical accuracy of the Bible is I think a good thing, leaping out and totally implying that a cornerstone of one fo the major world religions (the resurrection) is false is just going to cause problems. The theologans and the faithful will never accept that the tomb is of the real Jesus, and the science types will never really be able to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that it is Jesus in the tomb. And it will just be a big argument.

And somewhere in the fight, we'll lose (if we haven't already as a society) sight of the message. Whether or not you beleive Jesus was resurrected, or if he walked on water, or if he performed any miracle... one should still take heart the message he brought forward... love, peace, understanding, and goodness. Just my opinion

And that being said, I'm sending out a plea for help moving. March 19th/20th. It shouldn;t take mush time, and there will be standard payment for movement services (pizza and beer). And for those who can't drink (cause you may possible have to work that night), I'll pick up a few at Taco Mac. I'm ony moving across the apartment complex, so... shouldn't be too bad. Please help!!

Time for some food, I apparently forgot to eat yesterday and I'm starving. Mmmhm hot pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment