Thursday, March 8, 2007

Sleeping the dreamless sleep

SO, today, I was taken down on the courts by JR and his Monster tennis skills. But in my defense, I feel the massive hangover was taking its toll on my game. As it did on the rest of my day. I haven't had a headache like that in a long time, and I really don't know why. I think perhaps there are more reasons than just the moderate (for me) amounts of adult beverages consumed.

But, I did spend some time today pondering one of the mysteries of the universe that often vex me. And what really started me thinking is... why does the sleep you get while "snoozing" always feel like the best sleep ever. And what exactly defines a snooze?

And why is a snooze only allowed to be 9 minutes long? I can only imagine some time in the past a groupd of people got together and decided that all snooze alarms will ring every 9 minutes. Some giant Jedi Council like meeting of alarm clock makers got together and set this standard? I mean.. 9 minutes... it doesn't even divide evenly into an hour... or maybe it was for the metric hour?

And can't we come up with a more pleasent sound to wake up to? Mankind has come so far, yet our alarm clocks just tend to have the most irritating noice to start a person's day. I think we would be a lot happier if we woke up to something more pleasent and were not ripped from our joyous slumber into a world of consciousness by a sound that would make our ancestors 500 years ago run in fear.

Yes, this is what I think about... scary isn't it. I need something else to focus on during my days off.

No comments:

Post a Comment