Wednesday, February 28, 2007

I'm not dead yet!

Its February 28th and 70 degrees out today. Yay for global warming!! I've been spending a good bit of time outside the last couple days, just because its been so wonderfully nice out.

I dragged Jackie out to Park Tavern on Sunday for lunch. And there lots of sunshine, adult beverages, and good people watching that day. I may have to make that a recurring adventure. There are lots of interesting people with intersting dogs walking around Peidmont Park, and I'm missing actually living in the city. There were much more oppurtunities for outdoor dining and just stuff to do.

Last night, Had a fabualous "date" with a gorgeous girl. Grace and I ventured into the city once again, braving traffic and bad drivers, to see Spamalot. For those of you who aren't familiar, its a musical based on Monty Python's Quest for the Holy Grail. Only the musical is somewhat more... silly. It was great. I laughed alot. I highly recommend this uplifting,feel-good musical of the year.

And in the "brings back fond memories" category, in the middle of Spamalot they break out in the Bottle Dance from Fiddler on the Roof. I had a sudden urge to stand up and yell "Go Vangard!". I love random drum corps flashbacks.

And let me tell you guys, Grace is a great date. With the exception of not putting out on the first date, couldn't have been any better. And any one who thinks a great night out includes dinner at The Varsity is my kind of girl. Its the simple things in life i enjoy... that and a chili-cheese dog,onion rings, and a Frosted Orange.

Unfortunately the fun ends tomorrow. Time to go back to work. And really, other than some of the childish people (not u Chas), the long periods of boredom, and the stupidity of some decisions made in the levels above me, its not a bad job. I suppose I'm just looking for something better. That and I want a building that doesn't make me sneeze.

I suppose I should get moving, the laundry won't do itself. I should start putting things in boxes for my impending move. But I'm lacking real motivation right now. And I got a little while to procrastinate. I also think its time I get back to developing my tennis skills... anyone up for it? I'll smite u on the courts!

No comments:

Post a Comment