Monday, October 2, 2006

I'm having musical plagarism block!!

I've decided i need to do more things that involve getting a bit dressed up, beyond jeans. I don't mean every day, but say more than once a year or at a funeral or wedding.

So if you noticed my picture changed, thats my cousin Kate. She's one of the three sisters (the oldest was the bride and all my pictures of her didn't come out, suck ). Oh well.

The wedding was nice, very lovely outdoor ceremony with a nice reception to follow. And most importantly, and open bar!! At Uncle Donald's explicit instructions I was to drink as much as reasonable, since it's already paid for. So I did, and while I don't think I emptied the Crown Royal on my own, I will claim responsibilty for most of it.

It was really nice to see the family. Most I haven't seen in years. And i mean years. My cousin William has a son (i knew that) who was the ring bearer. This is the first time i ever met the kid. And it was really weird to hear about one now driving and others legally drinking. There were lots of people I remember from my childhood, friends of the family that seem to have always been there. And people I remember by names I called them as a child (I couldn't pronounce Bridget, so she was forever called Biscuit). So uncle Donald's oldest is married now (trivia, i was the ring bearer at Uncle Donald's wedding 26 years ago), and shes all grown up and not the annoying little brat i remembered. Its nice to see us all growing up, and luckily, most of us are doing well in the world!

It was really good. I want to make a better effort to keep in touch with them.

All in all, it was good times. I think Kristin will do well in the marraige, and it started well (with the exception of a 30 minute delay waiting on the groom's and ring bearer's pants to get there... ooops). Anyways, thats about it for the weekend. I'm really glad i didn't skip out on the wedding!!

PS. The live band was good, but they were no DMB!!

No comments:

Post a Comment