Tuesday, October 10, 2006

I am a traveler of both time and space, to be where I have been

It's again been a quiet day here, I met Sean at 11 (well, I was there at 11, he was late) for a couple games of tennis. My game today was really off. I think I was still suffering some soreness in my muscles from the 4 hour marathon matches on Sunday. But afier coming home and relazxng, I feel a lot better. I think the activity loosened me up some. Nevermind i lost both matches miserably.

I finished reading a book today, Continental Drifter by Elliot.. somebody. Thanx to Ryan for giving me the book. Basically this guy writes of some of his adventures during a year long trip around the world. And while its not best "around the world" book I've read, the he did hit it right in the epilogue. "Stay single, stay liquid, keep traveling as long as you can."

In one sense, he hit it on the head. I don't think you have to stay single, but find some one who compliments your travel style. I know I've been on trips with people that made the journey send like an endless death march, but there are also those who really made the trip fun. One doesn't necessarily have to be single, but don't rush out get yourself married and settled with kids in a suburban neighborhood with a white picket fence. Find that person and take her or him with you. Yes solo traveling will give you the oppurtunity to learn about yourself, but some things are best experienced with some one else.

Syaying liquid... we all have this desire to have everything. And I have succumbed to it more than I want to admit, but Visa knows exactly how much I really need to have all th new stuff. But I think I've hit a plateau. I haven't been computer shopping in over a year. I'm perfectly content with the one I have. I'm not looking for a new HDTV, or stereo system, or playstation 3... or any of that. The last purchase of any significance was my motrocycle. And while I do sacrifice some fun for the payments, I love my two wheeled baby. But I think I've realised that the material stuff is nice to have, but if you have nice stuff thats paid for, its even better. And it doesn't have to be the latest thing out there!

And I personally plan to keep traveling as log as I can. And that being said, I thumbed through the 1000 Places to See before I Die. And well, it seems I have 970 or so left to go. And the author left some good ones out, in my opinion. But then there are some places I had never sceen before or heard of. And they look interesting.

So, I'm off.. a quiet night aone at home with a Heineken mini keg. I'm still looking for some one to go traveling. I'm trying to make it to Orlando next week to see Shelley and Daniel. I love me some Shelley, she always makes me happy! And then the next week... Kuwait!

Oh, and I'm still using song lyrics for subjects... am I stumping everyone with them?

No comments:

Post a Comment