Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Should I stay or should I go now!

I have found myself with a long weekend ahead of me, and I've sort of been kinda down about it, mainly due to not seeing Susan. It'll be 3 weeks separation, and thats the longest we've been apart and it sucks (sorry for my lack of eloquence). I've managed to arrange transportation for the weekend in the metro PTC area, and then I started thinking at work. I had a lot of downtime tonight and my mind was running rampant with random thoughts. And then it came to me...

I had one real resolution for 2007. As the year is running out, I've managed to not complete said resolution. For those of you who don;t remember, go back about 100 blogs and find the January ones. Or I'll just tell you.

There are 7 continents on this planet. Six of them are readily accessible, Antarctica being the odd one that doesn't really have a booming tourist economy or regularly scheduled air service. Of the 6 remaining, I have set foot on 4. My goal was to hit th other two. I have not.

So, the opportunity to at least complete 50% of the gal is lying ahead of me. I could jump out after work and head south, Ecuador or Colombia are real possibilities. The big hold up currently is finances. And that I don't get to hit Buenos Aires like I wanted, and would settle for Guyaquil or Bogota. Bogota has a current advantage as there's a Hard Rock Cafe there, with a pin to add to the collection.

SO my loyal readers, any ideas. Run up some credit card bills on hotels and venture to the equator or head home for Taco Mac and Tanya's Birthday. Such Choices...

No comments:

Post a Comment