Thursday, November 29, 2007

This is real -- this is now, This is a freak show baby anyhow

hings that have happened that make me happy:

I was invited to a birthday gathering at the TanJoe Mansion. I ordered the CD and DVD of the Atlanta DMB concert, and should come in a week or so... with bonus disc! The challenge will be watching it a trying to find our little blanket party that was happening. I had a yummy Peppermint Mocha... always good for Christmas time and cold weather. Susan emphatically relays that she loves me and misses me... while I'm not happy that she is missing me (ie I'm not there with her).. but its nice to be missed and loved (you can vomit now Grace). And I finally found DM ringtones for my phone. I've been thinking about a new ringtone and this is great timing, and half the prices of those ghetto fabulous ones on T-Mobile. Though I wouldn't mind hearing "I'm gonna make it rain (make it rain), they say you the man (you the man)" everytime my phone rings.

And i found some old tunes from the apst i vaguely remember but have had the lyrics stuck in my head for over a decade. From the time when my girlfriend was in kindergarten. Then the horns kicked in, and my shoes started to squeak.

Otherwise, looks like I'm spending this weekend in Kentuckiana. I've been very industrious in looking for places to live come March. The decision looks like tis boiling down to do I want to live outside of town for cheaper or in town for slightly more in a place with slightly more character.

Thats about it. I haven't had many good ranty blogs lately, is this what happens when you get happy? I'm thinking of taking a venture to the dueling piano bar in Lullvull this weekend... hrmmm. WIsh I had some company... anyone?

I've also started reading a book by the people who started the Lonely Planet series of guidebooks. It's interesting to think some one could set off from London to Sydney with only $500 or so (it was 1972). And they were driving! Well, most the way. It brings back memories of my youth when I thought quitting the job, running away, traveling the world living out of a backpack, and leaving it all behind was the life I wanted.

Ok, so I still want that sometimes. Have I grown to old and comfortable and set in my life to try that?? I hope not. Maybe I should refrain from travel books. Or if Susan would get a passport we could do it, and free load in Ryan's company paid hotel rooms around th world. I may be on to something... even though Ryan seems to be going native in AUH... he may try to suicide bomb me. Praise be to Allah, the streets will run red with the blood of the infidels... and all that crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment