Sunday, August 26, 2007

fly me to the moon... or just Atlanta would be a good start.

Is it a sure sign our getting older hen you just wake up before 10 on a weekend for no apparent reason? I always remember my parents and grandparents being people who thought for some reason you needed to be up by 8 on your day off to do.... well usually nothing. But here I am, on a Sunday morning wide awake at 9:30. I don't know why, its not as if I went to bed early last night.

Anyways, good times. I've picked up some items over the past week that have made me happy. The new computer is up and running. And while I'm still getting used to the differences between Mac and PC, i'm very much enjoying it. No more typing on the lame keyboard of my roommates computer in Kentuckiana. Ironically, my typing only improved by a small margin. But its nice and light and small and easy for traveling with.

Also I picked up the newest Dave Matthews/Tim Reynolds CD and DVD. Theres some new songs, some old songs done new, and just a lot of random chatter that makes me smile. But its good music and I of course recommend it.

Now, that was the good part of the last week.. well theres more good parts but I wanted to move on to complaining fr jsut a minute.

Once again, ASA managed to cancel my flight from SDF to ATL. Now, this is the third week in a row and it's really started to piss me off. I mean, why doesn't have to be my flight? So, after that, I tried flying a different airline home via MEM. Nope, their plane had weight and balance problems, which to me means some one doesn't do very well at math. Finally, I rented a car (at a premium rate) and drove the hour and a half to Cincinnati. Luckily, we made it in time to run through the airport (which is possibly the most stupid airport layout ever) and make the flight.

And then we got to sit for an hour on the taxiway because of weather... and because the baggage throwers decided to not load our plane to make our first wheels-up time. In the end, I made it to the ATL around midnight and home shortly there after.

I'm looking into new options for flying home, as the Delta/ASA team seems to have issues flying that particular routing. And next week, being a holiday weekend, I'm thinking they'll cancel 2 flights just for good measure. And I have plans next weekend and I must be in the Atlanta/PTC area.

On the upside, I kept a pretty good attitude through the bouncing around. Well, more accurately, someone kept me in good spirits (it wasn't Marty, I know what your thinking Ryan). Its nice to have some one that brings a smile to your face on days that just, for lack of a better word, suck.

Ok, I'm off to begin my Sunday of slacking, later.

No comments:

Post a Comment