Sunday, July 15, 2007

Where do we go now?

What a day! it was a good time. Nay, a great time. First of all I've had the pleaure of good company over the last few days. Heather Leather from MCO made an unscheduled appearance and we celebrated in the standard fashion, beer. It did give me the tie to drool over Fallon and her feminine ways. And remember, nothing good comes from the Tavern.

Then friday, I went to work. That wa ssort fo a downer. But on the upside, after skidding out 2 hours early (with management permission) I had a tasty dinner with the family and The Old Spaghetti Factory downtown. Now, the selection of dining establishments was quite a surprise, as family dinners are normally of late held at Logans Roadhouse in McDonough. So venturing up to such a classy establishment quite a change. And things worke dout well, as we had a special guest. The always lovely and ever gracious Ms Linda joine dus. And while she not only served as a very pleasent date, she deflected most of the marriage and kids questions that normally accompany family gatherings.

After dinner, we headed up Peachtree to Cafe Intermezzo. It's sort of becoming "place" for Linda and I. I do enjoy the atmosphere, sitting outside in the city, enjoying cocktails and cheesecake, accompanied with great comversation. And a suggestion, don't order the bourbon, appricot brandy and fruit martini. not so good. Yes, I found a drink i do not care for. But the cappucino with butterscothc schnapps was tasty.

But the best part was spending time with Linda, and she did manage to find some intersting colorguard props out back. Then we headed down to PTC for sleep.

THen Saturday... the best. Drum corps, great friends around, and voerpriced food. Next time I'll find some better dining options I promise, but this was a bit short notice. I'm thinking next year we'll just secure about 10 tables in the courtyard and have fast food fun. At any rate, I had the company of Linda and Brian gor the day, along with Jenn, Jeff, and Shelley who all trekked up from Orlando. But wait theres more... CHad put in an appearance (and fine performance I'm told) plus Jeremy and wife, Austin and Girlfriend, Scott and "mama" Beth Johnson, Phillip, and some new friends.

I love drum corps becaus eof this, the people who I've met and connected with and enjoy being around (even you Charles). Unfortunately our lives have taken us many directions since we all departed from that last busride home, but these times we get together are all very valued. And its always great to see everyone. It goes with out saying it doesn't happen enough.

The most poignant comment of the day came from Philip, who when i was around was an staff member and thus a "responsible adult". While looking at Brian and I, he commented how how he only remembers us and boys and how odd it is to see us as gorwn men. And while we're all gotten older and taken on more responsibilities with life, I'm always impressed at how well we seem to have done for ourselves. WHo would have thought that motley bunch of teenagers would ended up still hanging out on occasion 15 years later? man i'm old.

In a similar note, I learned that some one I often think about and wonder where she is seems to have a myspace account. I hoping to get a message from her soon.

Well, the day is done and I'm back at work. I'm abot to nod off any moment now. And I have hours left to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment