Tuesday, July 10, 2007

When it Rains...

I was rudely awaken by a crack of lightening outside my window this afternoon. And judging from the volume of the thunder, it was RIGHT outside my window. Not the way I enjoy waking up. And then the process repeated.. this time being slightly more coherent I almost lept through the wall. But apparently that is the sort of earshattering sound I need to wake up, since my alarm clock failed me and I recieved a co workers phone call at 0330. Keep in mind I should have been at work 30 minutes before that.

Otherwise, I'll apologize to those I haven't call back today. I am just getting caught up. My normal slack work day was not and I was quite unable to do the normal sluffing off and personal stuff. But today should be back to normal.

On the sort of exciting news, I jsut did a phone interview for another job. And yes I know, I'm just starting a new on in less than 2 weeks. But I couldn't resist this one, at least the possibility of being flown to the inteview. Basically I got a call from an international number yesterday morning. I was unable to answer, thinking it was some trivial phone call from Ryan (who is perilously exploring, without any regards to his personal safety, the duty free stores at the Dubai airport). At anyrate, i went home slept, woke up, and re examined the numbers of the people who called yesterday and realized it weren't NoTAC. Then in a stroke of pure genius, i checked the house answering machine (with the flashin new message light) and the mystery was solved.

Enough dramatic buildup. So, I did the phone interview this morning with Etihad Airways of Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates. Now, as much emotion as my impending relocation to Lousiville has caused, imagine a move to the Middle East.

But I couldn't resist the chance to at least go for an interview, or as I think of it a free weekend in the desert.

Exciting weeks ahead maybe. Then again if the money si right, I could buy a new camel and ride to work every morning.

Otherwise, i'm working on ideas for the Drum Corps show, and looking forward to that this weekend. It will be good to see some of the old gang, the ones I grew up with (as much as I've grown up anyway). And best of all, today is friday, even though I'm working some extra days this week its about time.

We'll see where I end up.

No comments:

Post a Comment