Tuesday, July 24, 2007

I cannot forget where it is that I come from...

O today was day two of job number 4. Yes, I've only been legally employeed 4 times. A record in the airline business at my age. Also, today was nto as overwhelming as day one. I have accpeted I'm no going to have an ID or a password to anything by the end of the week. I'm probably not even going to have jumpseat privilages by then end of next week, and thats kind of a downer. No free flying.

But on the upside. I'm deciding how I plan to work the whole housing situation. And at least for the moment I have options. The other dispatcher I'm crashing with is up for taking in a roommate. And at least until I get of probationary and assistant status, thats what I'm most likely going to do. I'm thinking of keeping the PTC home for now, but possibly not coming home every weekend. I supose I need to adjust to my new surroundings and get a lay of the land.. when I find her :-)

Otherwise, todays big news.. well theres multiple items. First of all, I found out today that once again I am the youngest person in the office. IN my airline career that always seems to be a trend. At FedEx I a the baby ramp agent (until JR showed up). At Transmeridian and World I was the youngest dispatcher. So lets here it for the boy. ANd now, I'm about a year or so below the next youngest dispatch type person here.

Also at lunch,I was told the dispatcher interview test questions here at Uniform Papa Sierra ae going to be changing. My manager feels now that some one got a 100% on them they need to change them. I was then thanked for causing him more work. So, apparently I do know what I'm doing.

And most importantly today, I found this nearby joint, the Fox and Hound pub and Grill. They have a commendable beer selection, though no comparison to the old Taco Mac. But the food was better and, best of all, tuesday every draft beer is $2. And bike night! And the bartender was cute!!! I may just move in. SO thats a definite plus.

Today, as you may be able to tell, I'm feeling more positive. There was no tears in my mac and cheese. But there was some doubts about coming here. The doubts are fading and now I really just want to do something, even if it is bitch work.

Today we took a tour of the hub ramp, and a couple of offices at air cargo tracking. And while the air carog stuff wa sneat, and gave me a new impression of some aspects of the business, i mostly enjoyed being back out on the ramp. We had the oppprtunity to climb on the newest UPS aircraft and sort of play aorund. And it had that new plane smell. Although while the gentleman was driving us around out there and hilightting facts and stastics and numbers about people and boxes and planes, all I could think was... I've seen bigger. So, to my old fedex cohorts, you still got a bigger hub.

All I need to know now is where the parties are. And then I will be fine. In due time... and y'all can come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment