Monday, July 23, 2007

Play some funky blugrass white boy

So, lets make this one quick before the person who own the wireless network I've hopped on notices I'm here.

Big thanx go out for all the encouragement sent my way today. ANd yes, it was the first day. And I feel like i've been trying to drink water from a firehose. There are three assitants total, and I'm the bottom guy in seniority. The tohers have been here for one month and two months. SO, they have a little bit of a clue whats happening. Me.. I got nothing. Apparently its soon to be my job to be the dispatch bitch.

And I can deal with this, its buying time till I get on a desk and start doing my own releases. The big thing is soooo much was thrown at me today. I do have some faith that in due time I'll find out how things work. Its really quite a surrpise how this place runs, and I won't get into it as it would just bore most of ya. I guess I expected more organization in some aspects.

Other than that, my car made it, though theres a new squeak in the undercarraige. And hopefully in the next couple weeks I'll be all good for jumpseating. Though it is a scenic drive (at times) and I'll probably take a weekend and ride my bike up the backroads when I do finally move it all up here.

But i did survive the first day intact, and didn't get fired yet. I should be home thursday night if all goes well. We'll see if day 2 goes any better and the flow of information is more metered.

No comments:

Post a Comment