Friday, June 29, 2007

Just a little patience...

So, I now own a piece of the B-52's legend. I took a picture off the wall. A lovely sunset shot of an SR-71 being mid-air refueled from a KC-10. To translate that to normal person talk, thats cool shit. And seeing how I spent so much quality time there, its only right that I get a piece of the place tot ake home.

Tanya and I met up at the old haunt to indulge in half priced whiskey and trivia. And after some inital introductions to some sales staff from Martinair cargo (who apparently they thought we were with... but not enough to give us a free drink coupon), we in dulge din some Patron and went on to win trivia. Go TEAM!! And in the meantime, we had a lot of good conversation and a fair amount of drink. I really must say, the comapny was excellent. Though I do think Tanya is a little jealous of her fiancee's obvious infatuation with me. But we're getting through that.

Today it was work, and since my boss is heading out on vacation this week, I thought I woul just ruin it by telling him theres a chance I'll have a new job when he gets back. He took it all in sride, in the way Ed does. And is probably the most encouraging manager I've ever had for me to move on to a career with another company. Even telling me that he's heard that Delta is hiring again soon.

And on that note, while i was psse dout dead to the world this afternoon, UPS airlines called. Unfortunately I didn't hear the phone (it being on vibrate) and i was exhausted due to lack of sleep the night before. The voice mail just asked em to call them back, and I did... and no one was home. So now, looks like I'm waiting till Monday to hear the outcome of my breif but thorough interview.

I was cruising around the web looking at apartments in Louisville, and I realize how much I hate shopping for a palce to live. Atleast in all ny past moves,I had a clue about the city and where to live. I don't have the faintest idea what part of Louisville would best suit me... walking distance form the bar. I did however discover there is a Hard Rock Cafe downtown, and that pretty much crushed my opinion that you only find those in well known internationl destinations. I suppose I'll have to get a guitar pin from there eventually.

I did find alovely refurbished warheouse that has loft apartmens, and includes the gas bill in the rent. However, the website goes on to tell you the heat, air,and stove are all electric. SO what the hell is the gas bill for?

Other than that,t hings have been sedate here. Had dinner with the lovely Jersey,since she is only in town for a short time. After her all expense paid excursion to Vegas, being put up at the Venetian... which apparently has awesoem showers in the suites, she takes off again this weekend to Alaska.

SO as of right now, I'm off the 4th. Any ideas on how to amuse myself? I should possibly blow some fireworks up. If anyone needs me, I'll be around... at least for a couple weeks.

I hate waiting for news....

No comments:

Post a Comment