Wednesday, June 27, 2007

The further we slip into this rabbit hole the harder we look for a new place to go

So,the last couple days.... lots learned. Namely, don'tplan a road trip and rent a car without cruise control.

First off, the timing for my little jaunt to Louisville worked out pretty well. I was able to swing through Lexington and catch a DCI show there. And more importantly I was able to see Scott Carter (brass staff with Spirit) and even Dammit Daniel (staff with Cadets). It was also good to see the corps. Its somewhat comforting to know alot of the activity hasn't changed in the last 15 years. Still a bunch of kids who don't know what they were getting into when they started, and won't know how to get out of it when they finish.

Of course, they are kids. And the reheasal and general on tour attire has gotten skimier on the girls. I felt dirty... but only for a few minutes. Then I remember my fetish for super tan girls with wierd tan lines. But here's my mini review (All the non-Drum Corps types can skip to the next paragraph): Spirit, needs some oomph and lots of cleaning and endurance, but there's potential. Boston kinda liked the show... dont know what they played (really didn;t know who played what) but it was kinda catchy. Crown As much as I hate to admit I like a Crown show, I liked this one. Good horn sound and visuals stuff... really sold the horse theme. Phantom: I want to like this show with the flying theme, but the horn sound isn;t what I exected from past Phantom and I just didnt get into it. Cadets... uhhhhhh. It probably was a kewl show musically and visually, but the voice overs kind made me laugh and I kept looking for who was talking. Take out the excessive talking. And finally Southwind I'm a little biased but I liked the show... grabbed me more than Spirit, but needs an ending. It just kinda stopped.

After the show I wa sof to Louisville, and a abulous room at the Marriott, with a 70% discount thanks to MB. Also, for future reference, no 24 hour room service there, so dinner was a couple Heinekins and a bowl of pretzels and beer nuts. I did a little studying and then to bed.

The next day was the interview. This is probably the shortest job interview in history. I got there about 0945 for a 10 am interview. Started about that time and I was out in my car 23 minutes later. Now, apparently theres a standard set of questions they go though covering weather, regulations, and ATC stuff. Flew through them. It was like a trivia game to me really. Then the HR questions came out, and I went through those. None of the real tough ones you normally get. After we got out of the little interview room, I was told to wait in the lobby. Next thing I know I'm on my way for fingerprinting. So I guess thats good.

On a side note there was a model of a 747-400 in the lobby that, no shit, was the size of my car. I love it!!! SO now, I'm suppose to hear something back by Monday.

The drive home was annoying, I mannaged to hit traffic in Chattanooga and Atlanta. And outside Nashville there was a incredible accident (almost 2, i'll come back to that). Looks like some one lost control, went across the median and into oncoming traffic. It looked pretty bad. So, everyone out there driving, be careful.

The second accident almost happened in front of me, the stunt driver didn't notice from the immobile cars and brake lights that traffic had stopped. So he swerved right slammed on the brakes across the other lane (barley missed the back of a tractor trailer. The hard left left and comletely swings the car around. Way to go!

OK, so now I'm home. And I learned tonight the B-52's is closing. The last night is the 30th. THe staff is moving to a new location (a block away) and re-opening a bar under the name Irish Bred. But its like an old friend is going away. Theres beena lot of good times in that old bar. Dancing, Karaoke, Trivia, more red-hedded sluts than I can count. For anyone interested, they are emtying the bar stock this weekend. Half price booze until its gone. And see anything on the wall you want (most the good stuff is gone), Ruthie will sell it cheap. You can have your own piece of B-52's.

Next we'll have to break in the Irish Bred place.

OK, thats enough for tonight. I'm off to sleep and wait for the call to come in.

No comments:

Post a Comment