Monday, June 4, 2007

i don't get there often enough, but God knows I try.

i don't get there often enough, but God knows I try.
Current mood: hopeful
Absolute brilliance. Great ideas have ben flowing out of my head all day. Wel, perhaps not all day, but I had a couple. So heres plan A: My immigration to Australia.

I figure that theres lots of land down there, and not a lot of people. I mean, the entire continent has roughly the same population as the New York City Metro area. So, I should be able to find a fairly large parcel of land at a fairly low price. Say a couple hundred acres. At which point I set up a new nation on the area, and suceed from Australia and make myself the supreme benevolent overlord.

Brilliant yes??? But wait it gets better.

The sovereign nation of (insert name here) will, in a protest of global tyranny and oppressive economic policies torwad developing countries, declare war on the United States. After an initial covert biological attack (the population will sneeze in the general direction of DC), we will immediately surrender and demand economic aid from the US to rebuild our war torn nation. Shortly after the aid packages arrive, the nation of (insert name here) will enter negotiations to be annexed by the Commonwealth of Australia, at which time all citizens of (insert name here) become Australian citizens.

I think it will work.

The other plan is a lot less grandiose. Ryan has come up with a brilliant idea to spend some time next May back in Aistralia, at which time we'll rent a car, trek across the country from Sydney to Perth, making sure we visit such places such as Broken Hill and Useless Gap.

Now the suggestion I offer is to just go ahead, buy a ticket from Perth to say, Dubai on Emirates. Spend a couple days then hop the gulf up to Kuwait, and ride home on a company jet. And upon my return, I would have completely circled the globe. A goal of mine then will be accomplished. The other option was to fly from Perth to Johannesburg, and try jumpseating home on Delta. Taking the southern route.

We'll see if any of this materializes, but wouldn't it be interesting?

Today is my last day off of this rotation, and I actually had a full four days out of work. It was enjoyable, if not a little boring at times. I have managed to get a lot of reading in and clean up my living space. I'm back to having two roommates (occaisonally) and seemingly caught up on life. The 4 days off have markedly improved my attitude. I dont feel nearly as snippish as I did last week. So maybe I'll have a good 5 days (yes, I have one OT day this week) of work before I tke off to Brizzy.

My biggest concerns currently... will Whickey Oscar Alfa be able to get me there and back on schedule, without screwing me up and making a stop in... Killeen Texas? Will manage to get everything I need for the week long trip in my backpack (I think I can actually manage this one)? Will I meet some one nice to spend my days with, marry, and arrange my immigration? hhhrrrmmm

Other than that, I still have a notion that there may be some one I'm a little interested in, and I need to find out if she's receptive. I have a plan, lets hope it works out. I need the distraction, and some friends who are singular. I have been feeling a bit distanced from a lot fo people of late, and I need to find a way to work on that, though I think its not completely my fault. And yes, I know a week in a country thats quite possibly as far away from everyone I know is not the answer, but when I get back maybe.

I did have a disturbing moment this past week, but I dont think I'm psychologically scarred forever. I guess I just felt my age and realized Atlanta is a small city and you never know who you're going to run into... or who they may know. But there was a very enjoyable shot and lap dance, so it balances out. And we got Goody's woman trashed!!!

Well, I've had my dinner (and I actually cooked it, on my stove in my apartment). OK so it was frozen and just a matter of stiry frying it, but thats way more cooking than I usually do. It did involve cookware. Its nap time before work. Hope all are doing well, and I'd love to hear from everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment