Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I throw my faith to next good thing that comes my way.

I have so many great ideas to rant about at exactly the times I'm not able to sit down and put the words down on the electronic version of paper. And now, when I have the "free time" to do so, can't think of a damn thing. I suppose its been a weekend of drama. But luyckily it mostly doesn't concern me. There's some family issues I need to take up with a sibling, and a friend who had a bit of a personal issue that had me very conerned, but everything is going to work out.

Let's start what what I did. Well, there was the jaunt to Anniston for lunch at the Longhorn. Yes, I know that may seem like a long way to go for a Longhorn burger but since we had nothing better to do, and the weather was nice, Charles and I took the bikes over. It worked out to about 200 miles for the day. Our waitress had the most intense southern accent I've heard in quite a while, it was almost comical. You know how some people exaggerate the southern accent to be funny? Well... that's what she sounded like.

The rest of the weekend consisted of outings and social activites. I did have a lovely evening Sunday with my neice. oddly enough, she's the only immediate family I connect with. Maybe its because we're both sort of the more liberal thinking types.

I'm really disturbed by the Virginia Tech events. While I don't know anyone personally involved, the entire episode is troubling. It's not the first time a derranged student went over the edge and senselessly murdered a bunch of innocent people, but it't disturbing. What is it that made this guy crack and think that mass murder was a good idea?

Now, for something more cheerful... I'm sooo looking forward to going away for a week next month. I need a vacation. Its way overdue and I have too much vacation time accrued. I also found out we're possibly doing trips to Santiago, Chile soon. I'm looking forward to that, as it will definitely be on my travel agenda. Maybe look at a side trip to Easter Island to see the big giant heads. hrrrmmm...

And on the subject of travel, programming note. On Thursday, the travel channel runs a show called "1000 places to See Before You Die." This week they're heading down under. Everyone surely knows my love for all things Aussie, and the preview commercial caught my eye as they were at the place where I went bungee jumping. Or as I like to put it, hurled my self of an 150 tower with a rubber and attached to my ankles. Exciting. I've put pictures up from that momentous occasion. I'm working on getting my bridge climbing pictures scanned next. I really need to get back down there. It was such a happy place.

Not that last week was bad, but it had moments of extreme unhappiness. Hopefully this week will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment