Sunday, June 11, 2006

Yes, I'm a nerd...

So Yes, I've been accused of it for years now. I watch Jeopardy and know the answers. I go to play trivia and win. I read books by Stephen Hawking and undertsand what he's saying. I blew the grading curve before. Its a hard life. Today, a special kind of nerdiness was experienced. The airplane nerd. Me and a pal went and watched airplanes take off and land for about 2 hours.

Although the nerdiness was slightly lessened by the fact we were in a bar, though not drinking. And many of you kids have been recipients fo the B-52's Trivia winnings. So sometimes it pays to be a bit geeky. If you take a way the super kewl biker image, and the world traveling itnernational man of mystery, I'm there with my books reading about quantum physics because its interesting. Its easier to digest with bourbon, but i'm still reading it. And there was this one time at band camp... lots of fun thnigs actually happened there.

So i was accused today of being a nerd, because i was watching airplanes. Its easy to vegetate doing that and its impressive to see 600,000 lbs leave the ground. That impresses me more than say.. wrestling. Something about greased up men in tights just doesn't do it for me, contrary to what Grace may have me doing in HER dreams. I'd rather read than say go out and sit in the woods at 5 AM waiting for a fury woodland creature walk by so i can shoot it. Wheres the challenge in that? (other than actually being awake at 5 am and not coming home from a bar). I say give the deer a chance, put down the gun and face him like a man.

Being nerdy pays off.. I did watch planes with a gorgeous young lady. And i do win free bar tabs. And I've had a good time being geeky, and women love a man with a big brain. We can be very creative.

PS. Yes, I'm bored at work again... can u tell? And i know your reading this, It tells me your reading this...

No comments:

Post a Comment