Wednesday, April 28, 2010

There's a party at the end of the world...

I started writing this earlier, but decided to scrap the whole thing as it was coming out to be a "what i had for lunch" blog. And while I know everyone wants to know my day to day movements, I was getting bored writing it. And I only made it to the second paragraph.

Once again, the brilliant flashes of creativity for writing have come and gone while I'm not in front of the computer. Of course, I can;t recall any of the ideas that were destined for literary greatness. So, I'll try and ramble through and see if I can get any of this to be coherent and interesting.

I'm on vacation again. For various reasons, the original plans have changed and I'm spending the week housesitting at the stately TanJoe manor on the outskirts of New Nan. I do like having the whole week here, since I'm not feeling rushed to see friends and family. There's of course the schedule issues of fitting into everyone's schedules.

At the moment I'm looking forward to sleeping. I'm also wondering why the cats feel the need to run round chasing nothing. I suppose if you spend the day laying around at some point you just need to run. Me personally, I don't feel that way.

S, I currently have an offer for a phone interview for Qatar Airways in Doha. If they didn't want to do them at the most inconvenient times ever I would have already done it. But I thought doing the interview while drunk (after last nights Jimmy Buffett concert) or early this morning and hungover (same reason) wouldn't be putting my best foot forward. That and at the moment I can't say I'm really into moving to the middle east. Lately I've really been enjoying these little trips around to see friends and family, and with more in planning the idea of being 20 hours away by plane sounds less than appealing.

Oh and they don't pay as well as they used to, even tax free.

Otherwise, things seem to be going same same. I'm looking forward tot he weekend and hopefully taking in a Braves games, seeing some hot cars, and celebrating a birthday (not mine).

I had hoped to get my bike all super shiny today, but due to a problem with the people who were going to do the detailing, I was left washing her myself. While I did get a year of dust and crap off most the bike, there needs to be some serious polish and TLC put into her. I didn't have the supplies to do that today (not having planned on it). I did gt to put some miles under my wheels, which helps my mental well being. The biggest issue I have now is to decide on a parking situation. DO I want to move her to Louisville? If so, where can I park her not having a garage. And the situation now is not really working since Mom relocated to just south of civilization. Since I tend to stay either in the New Nan area or in downtown, the hour plus drive to mom's to get the bike is just not acceptable.

But before I make that decision, I've got some big planning to do. First off there's the random trips to see everype I've been promising to visit for months. Then there Vegas in May! I'm looking forward to that, and for the first time I've decided to stay "upscale"... meaning not the $19/night room at the Hooters hotel. Maybe rolling into town like a baller will staying in a suite can bring me some luck and I'll com back loaded.

One can dream right? Plus I've already got a hottie committed to spend some time with me :-). ANd that makes me happy.

And then, a week in July that may require me to leave the country again. I'm looking at maybe dashing of to Europe and jumping a ferry across the Med. And then, in March I have a month to play with. I'm looking at a long trip, either to Southern Africa or South America. That one makes me excited, either a safari through Namibia or a jaunt to Easter island and on down to Ushuaia, and maybe if I can find a reasonably priced trip to Antartica.

Hrrrmm, maybe I'll be able to have all 7 continents by this time next year :-)

Again, I can dream.

I'm off to watch some fake news, and then sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment