Monday, August 3, 2009

I got nothing...

Well, Let's see how this goes. My first time writing on blogspot. I'm slowly moving the old blogs over from Myspace, since it seems to be abandoned these days.

Let's see, what's been going on... I just got back from a trip to Atlanta. This time I drove, since I have a car capable of doing the trip (more on that later) and I wanted access to wheels while I was in town. I tried to make a visit to everyone, but I think that's impossible without staying a month or more. I would like to think Jersey for hosting me, and Grace for allowing me to crash at her apartment, and Tricia for allowing me use of her bed (sadly without Tricia in it :-P) and the couch.

OK, let's talk about cars. Most everyone knows I bought a new car. Ok, maybe not everyone, but a few people know I have new Scion tC. It goes, and I like that! But I feel remiss if I don't pay tribute to the old car.

The old Honda Accord, a 1997 model V6 with leather interior. Yes, 1997... and I bought it that year. So old that CD players weren't considered standard. It came with cassette. That lasted about a month. The first person I let drive the old accord was Jennie Mills, who promptly found a hail storm in m new car! No damage but it was kind of amusing, and I never have seen Jennie panic like that... so calm and collected she is. The Chrissie had to leaver mark on a trip to a drum corps show, and I think some of the glitter was still there when I traded the car in.

A few trips to Orlando to see Jamie and Shelley, I don't know how many trips to Montgomery, first for drum corps then to visit Susan, an early morning run to Savannah because I was bored, and a lot of adventures around the Atlanta metro are. There's a few nights I slept in the car, simply because I was unable to drive home. (Yeah I know, that's no bueno but when a girl in tight close keeps pouring you shots, u take em! Especially after she whips you on the bar...).

So, 188,188 miles later, i kicked the old Honda to the side. I can't complain... I should really write Honda letter of admiration. I wasn't very good with the upkeep, and the car kept on going... but she was on her last cylinder I think. Here's hoping the the new car gets as much mileage and fun. I think it can be done...

Enough of that. I don't have much else to say. I've been kind of sedate of late.. well, except for the trip to Oz and ATL. Next... who knows. I have a car payment now and that's gonna put a crimp in my fun. But I'll manage.

Some one suggested I go to Vegas on my birthday... thinking about it, but I wanna try something new! I mean, sure Vegas is fantastic... but the Coyote Ugly leaves a lot to be desired... and that's what is important.

I thought of a lot of interesting things to say on the drive home, but I seem to have forgotten all of that. So I'll put an end to this. I have a couple more days off, and I'm seriously thinking about cleaning. It needs to be done, and some things need to be put away... sort of the out of sight out of mind thing... we'll see if it works.

Oh, and final note, Bourbon Festival Sept 15-19. I'm taking reservations... The couch and floors are open.

No comments:

Post a Comment