Sunday, August 16, 2009

Don't say that later will be better now you're stuck in a moment and you can't get out of it

Time for the weekly update I suppose. I'm slightly sunburned and a little tired. Some where I dug up the motivation to crawl out of bed and go to the gym. I suppose it's time to work off the weekend. And it was a good weekend. More on that later.

So, last week started with a kind of a downing note. I was kind of feeling blah about a lot of things. So, I spent some time trying to run out some frustration, which is amazingly more therapeutic than I would think. I thought all you health type people were just trying to get us unhealthy type people to join your cult. But I guess there something to sweating it out or even just putting the earbuds in and blocking out all the crap that can get to you. Not to say it still doesn't get to you, at least you have a little time away from thinking about things.

And then, while in a funk I cleaned up the place. I was thinking that not coming home to a dirty house all the time would be a little less downing. And it's true, I like not having to see the dust gathered on the floor in those places I don't walk often (which ironically seems like most of my apartment). I also have guests planning to come up in a few weeks, which this is like a pre=clean for that. I couldn't imagine letting anyone in my place in the condition it was in. Ad there were some things that needed to be put away, and on occasion just thrown away. I tend to keep too much stuff, a little bit of a packrat. Sometimes, things just need to get tossed out. There's a certain good feeling to the cleansing of ones life.

I'm still not out of the funk, btu I'm getting better. The weekend in Atlanta helped. I experienced riding a MARTA bus for the first time, which as a 30 year resident of Atlanta I think I did well avoiding. But alas, since Grace didn't get an apartment right outside the train station, I had to endure a 5 minute bus ride. Wasn't bad really. I'd be inclined to use more mass transit if I lived somewhere I could.

I arrived at Grace's house about 4 hours before she did. I even tried to burn some time with lunch at Tap. I do recommend the roast turkey sandwich. And you gotta love a restaurant that provides water bowls for dogs on the patio. Once there, I thought some sun time would be nice. Too pad the pool was closed. It's like they planned this just to annoy me.

Friday though, I managed to get some pool time, and accompanying sunburn. And not only that, we were treated to two men in Speedo's. Seriously! How do you think you look good in that? That afternoon we packed up and headed south to stately TanJoe Manor. It was very good to see everyone there and have a few drinks ( a few being key.. I mean a bottle of bourbon counts as a few right??? Don't judge, I had lots of help).

The next morning I awoke on the (in)famous couch in the living room. I felt a little dirty for sleeping on it, just because I know a little of the history this couch must have seen. And not to be outdone by previous couch occupants, I was awakened with a big wet sloppy kiss. Thanx Mac! You're my favorite mutt too.

Saturday consisted of me trying to talk myself out of calling for work and going to Trish's going away pool party. I eventually realized I have a lot of things coming up I need the bank time for, so home I flew. Only to be delayed by a broken beverage cart wheel, which was not deferable (ie can't go without it working, which is usually an attribute reserved for things like engines and wings and compasses and Full Authority Digital Engine Control units... oh wait the last one u can do without it working fully). Shortly after determining that you could indeed go without the trolley brake working (assuming you don't try and use it in flight) we were off.

I made it back in time to get a nap in and drag myself to work. At least I had a clean place to come home to. Today I've managed to restock my bare cupboards and pick up some folding chairs for the back deck (which now has rails on all sides!), which is where I'm sitting typing out this literary masterpiece. Thanx again to Grace, Trish, Tanya, Joe, Mac, and Mandy for letting me couch surf this weekend. I really enjoyed being around everyone! Hope to see everyone soon, and given I'm almost a commuter again I probably will in the near future.

Next week, a trip to San Juan is being formulated... If the price is right I'm there. Nothing like a beach to make one feel better about things.

No comments:

Post a Comment