Wednesday, August 12, 2009

From the dark side we can see a glow of something bright

I've been ina bad/blah mood the last few days. Lots of contributing factors that have been gnawing at me. But I'll manage. Work has been kind of blah. I miss the variety and challenges of working international desks. Domestic just kind of bores me, mainly since pilots can call in easier and ask annoying questions. Plus, since I'm working weekends it's slow... unbelievably slow. Which is ok sometimes,but makes the night drag on and on. I'm running out of books and I've seen every movie in AMC's inventory 5 times.

But hey, I have a job and I get paid a ridiculous amount to sit there bored. I just feel like it's a waste of time that I could be doing something more... useful.

And then there's the added fun of watching Fox News for 9 hours 2 nights a week. Which brings me to something that really annoyed me. All the talking heads latched on to Op-ed article by Nancy Pelosi and Steny Hoyer. The headlines all read that these too politicians called the protesters of healthcare reform "un-american". Wow, that's pretty strong for a nation founded on protest. However, if you read the whole column, the line is actually: "Drowning out opposing views is simply un-American". Well, I have no great love for either te Speaker or the Senator, but I gotta kind of agree with them on this one. But hey, it's one hell of a story an gets viewers right??

That's enough of that... I'm over health care, I'm over the economy, I'm past bailouts... I seem to be the definition of apathy.

I am however very excited to be celebrating TanJoe's new floors this weekend. I have a bottle of black cherry bourbon that has my name on it... well, actually it has Jim Beam's name on it, but I'm gonna enjoy his work. And it's already in New-Nan waiting for me.

I am trying to put a lot of things together and make it all work out. It requires me taking a few weekends off.. did I mention I hate working weekends? Let's hope I can make it all work out and still afford my car payment.

I think I'll be getting out of the funk in due time, until I'll just keep running out my aggrevations. I suppose that's healthy. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment