Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Everywhere you go, take the weather with you.

Ok, this is going to be a bumpy ride. Like my flight back to Louisville. I left Atlanta in a pleasant, albeit about soon to end, spring-like state. We flew into Louisville and landed in the driving rain and cold. I was also less than enthused by the pilots arguing over foot positions. it made for a little tension. But, I landed safe and sound. And then was soaked getting to the van. Boohoo.

And while we're on the weather, it was reported on FoxNews that currently the northern hemisphere has more snow coverage than in the last however many years and the temperatures are .0725 or something of a degree cooler than recent years. So obviously, according to the well dressed people on the screen, the Global Warming thing is a farce and this is proof. Nevermind a decade of research and evidence and a Oscar winning performance by Al Gore (which also irritates me a little but thats for another time), this temperature decrease proves it all wrong! Has anyone not noticed the weatehrs become slightly more screwy of late and significantly more severe?

Continuing with the weather theme, lets talk about the positives of the alleged liberal plot known as global warming. (I seriously need to stop watching FoxNews 10 hours a day at work). This past weekend Spring popped out in Atlanta. People were outside, families played in the yards (or apartment parking lots), pasty white legs were exposed to sunlight for the first time in months. I truly enjoy the first inklings of winter's demise. Everyone seems so much happier when they can be outside and leave the doors open to let fresh air in without pneumonia fallowing closely. And then theres the benefit of being able to ride a motorcycle without sheathing yourself in a entire cows worth of leather for warmth.

The weekend before last was slightly cooler, but you could see everyone itching to be outside. And it seems slightly forced sometimes. It's warm enough for shorts and shirt sleeves in direct sunlight, and we'll suffer through the chills to convince ourselves winter is over.

And then you get snow 2 days later just so old man Winer can get one last "screw you" in.

I think I've got most all the addresses on bills and stuff like that changed. Though It would be nice if i could just move and leave the debt in Georia Apparently i doesn't work that way. And now I'm an official Kentuckianan. I took a break from "work" today and went and turned in the Georgia driver's license for a new picturesque Kentucky one, complete with a damn horse outline on it. I also ave registered to vote here. An unlike Georgia, they make you declare a party. I didn't really like the options I was presented in that area, and seriously thought for a moment of marking the "Other" block and writing in Whigs or Labour or Jedi. But instead, I'm now a registered Democrat. I'm not sure how I feel about that honestly.

On the way home, I visited a bank and opened a checking account. While we were doing that, he offered me a credit card since I qualified. And it realy makes me wonder, how much debt do you have to have to make them say "Hey, maybe we shouldn't let this guy have any more new credit cards"? So I applied, it should be here by next week.

So, now armed with my new license; which I wish i had planned ahead for, I'm a big fan of my hair and wardrobe the picture; and my new checking account I shall go forth and conquer the world.

In other news, had a nice weekend at home, dinner made of J's food prepared by Grace, with Jersey providing a good bit of the entertainment for the meal. And then random outings with random people, and even some time was spent just sitting outside at Starbuck's with J sipping iced coffee creations. There was a long motorcycle ride that ended at mom's house, were the bike has taken up residence for a few months.

This coming weekend promises to be better, by the virtue that I get to be with Susan for an entire week! Unless she gets tired of me and decides to use her Southwest gift certificate to fly home. The only downside is I have to move furniture. But that is far outweighed by the pluses. Well, that's all. Theres discussion of one last gathering at the old apartment before giving it up. Of course it will be BYOB, and BYO food, and BO chairs, and BYO cups, and BYO plates.

Hope all are good, and I really didn't apply for a new credit card. I'm not looking for more debt. AMF!

No comments:

Post a Comment