Friday, February 22, 2008

I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime

It amazes me sometimes how a few hundred miles separation can cause such drastic weather changes. For example, while the fine people of Atlanta were basking in springlike temperatures last week, I watched 5 inches of snow pile up on my car. And just yesterday, while the inch thick shell of ice was forming on my car, the PTC weather was 60's and not too horrible. though there was some rain. At least the rain didn't cause one to beat on the door of the car to crack the ice enough to open it.

In all fairness, its nice to have snow, doesn't bother me. And while the schools were closed and lots of people didn't go to work, the city didn't shut down and there wasn't a run on grocery stores for milk and bread. The ice however, just plain sucks. Not only does it make driving a bitch it really snarls air traffic. hence my 4 hours of airport appreciation time at SDF last night. I did however get a free muffin out of Starbucks so it wasn't all bad. And considering 3/4ths of the passengers on the flight down were looking forward to a slumber party at the airport on arrival to ATL. I've slept in airports, so I have some sympathy for them. Well, except for the obnoxious guy in front of me who knew everything about airplanes and airlines ince her flew to MIA every week. He was annoying, and needed to be thumped.

And one of the drawbacks of free flying, especially as a jumpseater, it reflects poorly on you and your airline sometimes if you go around thumping the paying passengers. And I'd hate to lose my privelages. That would suck.

At any rate, I have a nic long weekend in PTC. That makes me happy. However, I' broke. That makes me unhappy. But Susan will be up, so that pretty much fixes all that.

Theres pretty much nothing else happening, I'm in training at the brown palace. And it's reminded me how much I just don't enjoy aircraft systems training, an how much my former roommate is annoying. For some one who seems to have soooooo much experience and soooooo much knowledge, he asks a lot of questions.

I think the schooling resulted in a bizarre dream the other night (or it could have been the sleeping on the red couch). I was taking an AP Calculus exam again. And all I can remember was I didn't study, and I was worried about flunking, and other people were crying and running out.

Yes, I have odd dreams.

I'm looking forwrd very much to the next couple days. Anyone in the metro atlanta area wanna get together, drop me a note, we'll try to accommodate. No promises.

One more thing, for the politically minded readers, there is a measure before the Georgia State assembly to allow alcohol sales in stores on Sunday. The bill seems to be stalled by the more... lets say overly conservative to be nice... members. Go to the link below to sign a petition to support buying beer on Sunday. http://www.petitiononline.com/GASB138/petition.html

Thats my political spiel for the day. Happy weekend to everyone out there!

No comments:

Post a Comment