Tuesday, January 16, 2007

I let the melody shine, let it cleanse my mind, I feel free now

I remember now one of the reasons I disliked college. Studying. Over the last week or so I've been pounding the manuals and FAR's and what not to remember those obscure things I once learned but have forgotten. And really and truly, its comforintg that I am able to recall most of the information. There is some minutia that just doesn't get used much that I've lost. And there is the theory behind some things that I don't use, just the practical application. Like why the jet stream form... I just know its there, avoid flying directly into it and it will make things bumpy.

On the other hand, I'm probably more dispatch savvy now than anytime since I actually took my exam with the FAA. That's good, as I often get challengd by the fly boys who think they know everything. They don't.

Speaking of that, ran into some fine examples of aviators last night, and one specifically was just crying out to be made fun of. So we did. And once introduced, the name sounded so familiar, and today I remembered why. This individual had braking issues and departed the runway. Thats pilot speak for he landed to fast and too late and didn't stop before he ran out of concrete. Luckily no one was hurt. Just some nerves frazzled.

I wouldn't be so adament about making fun of him if he owned up to the mistake, but claims still it was an issue with the airplane. A mechanical fault yet unduplicated and undiscovered after being thoroughly examined by our maintenace staff and Boeing.

Maybe that's why he feels the need to wear his sunglasses backwards... in a bar... at night. Then he went on to make a comment that really annoyed me. But a shot of Patron remedied that.

Anyways, back to me. The impending exam is less than 2 days away, and well... I'm still at a moderate level of nervousness. I miagined I'll be fine until I drive through the security gates on Loop Rd, at which point I plan to collapse completely! I'm going to really annnoyed if there's nothing I studied on the actual test. And I'm most worried about the psych test. We all know I'm nuts.

And then, if I do pass this exam, comes the board interviews. That will lend itself to more sleepless nights. Just what I need.

Th rest of the world seems to have taken a backseat to all this. Though I'm still being sociable (hockey tonight woohoo!), I seem to always have this on my mind.

Well, thats about all I know to type about, I suppose its time to leave the Sarbucks (i find that my apartment has too many distractions for me to study there) and head home.

I had a good time with G and T last night. They are thinking of moving into my complex. And I'm strongly encouraging that. With the Harem so close, trouble is bound to errupt. Add to that Elise moving in and Jersey already there, AMLI in PTC will be party central! I have a good feeling for the year to come, I haven't been this optimistic in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment