Friday, January 12, 2007

I eat whe I'm hungry, I drink when I'm thirsty, I shag when I'm horny, I sleep when I'm d

I saw the quote on in a book, and thought it awesome. And except for the shagging part, its pretty much accurate.... If only I could get it at 100%

So much to think about, so much to figure out. Where to start?

I have an appointment for a first step in a job interview process on Thursday morning. There are three real issues I have with this, firstly its in the morning. I don't do mornings well. But I can work around that.

Second, I'm being given a test of some sort, and all I know is plan to be there about 3 hours and bring a calculator. That doesn't make me all warm and fuzzy inside. I had calculus finals that had the same conditions, and that was only for a grade, this is much more life impacting. And with those, I at least had a point to start studying.

And lastly, the more I've thought about it and the more I've discussed it with friends, the more i realize it's a job I really want. Usually I go into job interviews with a sort of whatever attitude. I've had luxury of not needing the job or not being really psyched about getting one. Well, this one is a bit different. For what I do, it's pretty much the holy grail of positions. I mean, for some one who grew up in Atlanta being an airplane lover, Delta is it!

Now, as much as I want the position, theres are lots of factors. I'm prepared to take a pay cut, I can manage that, It'll be a lot less nights out. The big issues is the turmoil in the industry and most of it swirling around Delta. Sooo.. It's going to be a gamble... if I even get throught he examination.

So, been dwelling on that. And studying. And hanging out with the usual suspects. Now, In the unlikely event I do get a position with the big D, let's start the bidding for who wants to be my "companion". Opening bid is to provide me with one home cooked meal a week and an apartment cleaning once a month. :-)

Otherwise, i got the letter from the apartment people about renewing my lease. ANd i'm kinda pissed that they jumped up the rent by $30. Bastards. So, now its over to Elise, my future roommate. Hopefully with her input and her company the rent will be lowered and offset my possible reduction in pay.

Always have a plan. Plus.. i heart Elise!

Thats about it in my world. I'm doing my best to not stress about the Delta stuff, and I've got my suit cleaned and zipper working. That should help after my last interview (if you don't know the story, it's hilarious). I have some other issues I'm wrestling around, but I'm tired of typing.

Y'all wish me luck. In a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment