Thursday, January 25, 2007

hrough it all, when there was doubt, I ate it up & spit it out. I faced it all & I stood tall!

What's left to say? I really don't know. Things seem to be in a whirlwind around here, and I kinda dig it. People are coming and going and every night this week I'm out and about being social and all. I'm bit so sure how that happened. I'm also not so sure how I'm affording it. It will all come to a crashing halt in due time I'm sure.

Well, everyone will be happy to know I'm not insane. Well, at least according to the personality assessment I took. Or maybe I am and that's what they are looking for in an employee. But the upside is I passed my tests at Delta and I get to be interviewed. Which I can only imagine will be 5 or six people with an inquisition like atmosphere. Then again, I may be wrong. I'm looking forward to it and also dreading it.

While I appreciate everyone being so encouraging and thoughtful with their praises for me, I'm a little weary. What happens if I blow the interview? it happens, I've done it before. And it's bad enough if I don't live up to my own expectations, but disappointing others is more heartbreaking.

But, I'm also very flattered my everyones opinions of my skills and qualities. I have good friends, and that makes me happy.All that's left to do really is on February 1st, put on the "superman" suit and go impress the hell out of them.

And then more decisions to be made. I've determined that the income tax refund will go for paying off some debt. I've already went to a zero balance on one card and cut another one up. I'm going forward with the roommate, and that will help save me some dollars, which can pay off another balance. I'm all for living cheap. And, as a friend pointed out, one of my biggest expenses from the past year has been removed from the equation. Just another positive result of an personal cleansing of bad things from my life... I'll keep telling myself that.

I have realized I was happier when I made less money then I am now, and I don't undertsand that, it's against everything that the materialistic society we live in proclaims. It re-inforces that money isn't the end all for living a good life. It's good to not worry about your bills, but it also can provide a false sense of satisfaction... and then your working more for that "satisfaction"... until u realize you've now worked your ife away to have the nicest shoes or the most expensive car. Hears a hint, a Honda will get you there just as well as a Mercedes... and probably with less maintenance. If you are being judged by the car you drive, then you ar eprobably hanging around the wrong kind of people.

Well, it's time to go back to laundry, which is very exciting to me! OK, not really, but it is nice to have clean and good smelling clothes. Hope all is well, and maybe in a few weeks I'll have some good news. And I'm still waiting for the bids for buddy passes to come in...

No comments:

Post a Comment