Thursday, October 1, 2009

Around the world in a daze: part 5

Hong Kong – 28 September 2009 part 2

So, I did get out tonight. I took off to the Temple Street Night Market. I also broke down earlier today and bought and umbrella… one of the best investments so far this trip.

The market had all kinds of interesting (and not-so-interesting) crap. But I really dig it. More fun than all the malls. After walking through the market for an hour or so, back to Wan Chai to find a couple beers. The Irish Pub tour of the world continues! This time it was Delany’s, rated the best in HK… different location than the one in Tsim Sha Tsui I was at a couple days back.

On the way from the MTR to the pub, one of the old ladies that work for the strip clubs grabbed my arm as I walked by and tried to physically pull me in. Seriously, she had a death grip on my bicep and was spouting something I couldn’t understand. I picked up a few words like “nice girls” and “one drink”. I managed to break free and make to the end of the block and refuge in the Irish pub. Others tried to entice me in, but at least no one else grabbed me. That sort of technique doesn’t bode well for the quality of the strip club, if you have to manhandle clientele to get them inside.

After a couple pints, I decided to head to the room for sleep. However, I got sucked into the lounge act in hotel lobby bar. They weren’t too bad, may have something to do with the 2 girls singing were cute. I may be developing a thing for Asian women. While I was there enjoying the music and a martini, I did spy a tall Caucasian male making for the elevators with a much younger Asian girl in a much less than modest outfit. Hrrmmm… I was tempted to wait and see how long it would be before she came back down alone… but I’m le tired.

That’s it for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment