Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Gotta Fly to St. Somewhere




Some how this week I became thrifty again.  I had already planned to spend money on a hotel room in ATL due the imminent arrival of the Lewis child.  Turns out, she's stubborn and doesn't want to come out, thus I had a the spare room all to myself.  But after a weekend of fun, I felt needed to not spend a lavish amount don disappearing somewhere. 

Turns out I was wrong, I needed to do that.  And luckily, Delta had a non stop flight to St Somewhere.  And even though beach side resorts were pricey, I decided to splurge for two days there.  After a short flight and a long check in (last minute priceline deals don't always make it to the hotel before the guest does), I bellied up to a pool bar and decided it was time to consume beverages. 

The destination is Bluebeards Beach Club.  And so far so good.  I'm happy with the room, it's larger than nreally need by about double.  The pool bar is staffed by a couple of UGA fans, but otherwise they seem like decent fellows.  Tonight I decided not to venture out. Instead a chill night with my beer. This is more of a time share type place than hotel, thus lots of older types. But I was in the mood for quiet and chill. At least for end night. 

And warm water and sand always helps. I feel Jimmy Buffett or Bob Marley should be a constant musical accompaniment.  So tonight, is quiet and peacefulness.  Tomorrow night though, it's crab legs and booze and the next beach bar down the road. 

No comments:

Post a Comment