Saturday, October 25, 2008

The falling leaves pass by my window, the autumn leaves of red and gold

So, I've been busy. After the foray to Washington, DC, I returned home to a week of toil and trials, which is to say I actually had to go to work. It's decided to become fall rather suddenly, and I've actually turned on the furnace. We all know how fantastic that first furnace use of the year is, with the burning smell that comes with it. The coldness of the house didn't help with my desire to leave my warm bed at a decent hour.

After work, I was whisked off to new England on Tuesday, to hang out with Grace and JoHnathon at Adri's house. This is my second trip to Adri's and my first to New England during leaf color season. I have to tell you, its a very nice part of the country. I could see myself living there in some 200 year old farm house. Of course, keep in mind it would only be a spring and fall home, as winters would surely be too cold for me.

Well, the "weekend" started with a pick up at the airport, followed by a quick trip to the mall. We found a lovely dinner spot and had some yummy italian food, followed by cocktails in a tunnel. Yes, we were guided by Adri to The Tunnel Bar, which is in an actual tunnel and not just a clever name. (Though since Northampton is supposed to have a high population of Lesbians it would make a very dirty and clever name).

We retired to Adri's place and made fun of JoHnathon for a little while before bed. JoHnathon being rather good natured, or to tired to complain, took the punishment like a man.

The next morning arrived, and we had Starbucks in downtown Amherst. Its a very picturesque town. Being the home of UMass, there's lots of eateries and general collegic type establishments. We grabbed Adri and we went to lunch (or breakfast for those of us who got up at 11 AM) as an establishment Adri recommended. I had the "farmer's daughter" for breakfast, and deliciousness abounded.

We returned Adri to work, then I returned Grace and JoHnathon to the airport. Later that evening, Adri and I dined on the UMass campus at a dinner put on by some hospitality students as part of their classwork. It was cheap, and yummy. And were at a table that was "Reserved for Sin". Seriously, I have the card in my bag. Apparently that's the last name of the person who reserved our seats. Adri's has great pals.

After dinner, we met with Lusya and found the Amherst Brewing Company. The drinks fowed like water, and I proved my poor geometry skills at a few games of pool. We conversed, we did a few shots, and we were amused. Good times, Grace and JoHnathon, should have called in dead for work and stayed.

Afterwards, I had a grreat conversation with Susan. I'm sure it was most amusing for her. Some one really should take away my phone when i'm drunk.

Thursday, I had lunch again with Adri (sucked she had to work) and then I went up to the top of Mt Sugarloaf, did some hiking around, and enjoyed the lovely views. Afterwards, I journeyed to Mt Holyoke and had a look around. I tried to capture the views in some of the pictures, but I don't think I did the area justice. I did some other driving around, picked up Adri, and then I was off to fly back home.

I had a great time and thanx to Adri and Mo for putting me up for a couple nights. I'll have to plane a return trip when the warmth comes back.

In other news, I was thinking about taking a quick trip to Stockholm next week. Instead, I think I'll stay stateside. I decided this morning (by morning i mean afternoon when i woke up) to send a large chunk of this months pay to the evil people at Bank Of America. And then I did some research ..phones an a new plan. I'm not upset with T-Mobiles service, just their selection of phones available. They just put out a new one that had a lot of potential to be an equal to the iPhone. I played with Adri's new iPhone over the weekend and loved it. My current phone has left me nonplussed. Normally when I buy a new phone I put a lot of searching and find something I usually really like. This last phone though, it was an emergency purchase and a compromise on price.

Well, while researching a new plan, canceling my current contract, I found it was cost prohibitive at this moment. I'm ok with buying a new iPhone from AT&T. I'm ok with the buyout of my contract at T-Mobile (i just signed a 2 year contract when i bought the new phone to get the discount). But the idea of my monthly charge almost doubling to get the same level of service at AT&T was a deal breaker. I'm hoping i have found a solution and it will be delivered next week.

That's about all thats going on. I'm looking forward to my birthday weekend, though Tanya is threatening to make Joe sing to me. And Susan seems to want me to stand on a table to throw cat toys at me... everyone has their particular fetishes and I don't like to judge. I miss her and I can't wait to see her.

It's bedtime now, I hope this posts the first time.

No comments:

Post a Comment