Tuesday, October 30, 2007

I’m flying ’cross the land, tryin’ to get a hand

Just some randomness in my mind I thought I should share. I just saved alot on my car insurance... ok, that almost true, it wa smy motorcycle insurance and it went down by $10 a month. But I've always wanted to say that.

I had a good weekend, thanx to the help of my friends and my lovely Susan. Saw a few old co-worker buddies Saturday night and the new version of B-52's. The new place is not nearly the same as the old one. It lacks that certain "you could really break the crap we have and e won't notice" ambiance. The new place is almost too classy for our airline refugee group.

I did manage to get out of there with a persoanl best on the bar tab... this time it was cheap. ANd Grace came away with 3rd place in the costume contest. So she actually made money. I on the other hand made a fool of myself dancing, but It was fun.

On Sunday I made it down for a quick visit to Susan, and the Montgomery zoo. Apparently theres a baby rhino, and it a big deal. OK, so is cute and all, but I still am partially to the lions and tigers and bears (oh my). But I do njoy the time i get to spend with Susan, she really is awesome.

I also discoverd that its faster to drive from MGM to SDF than from PTC. I think this ma have had a little to do with the lack of traffice between BHM and BNA. But it was nice and for the first time I could leave the cruise control set for the majority of the drive.

ANother revelation was that apparently Alabama doesn't have gentlemen's clubs. I was struck by this as i neared the state line to Tennessee and notice an unusual amount of advertising for such places. Theres like 5 on the first exit. Of course, I have visited such establishments in the past, and for the most part I can do without. But, I must say, I was tempted to stop at "Big Jim's Boobie Bungalow". Mainly out of curiosity as to what a boobie bungalow looks like and then to smite "Big Jim" for coming up with such a stupid name. And then I noticed that these places were in the middle of nowhere, and I suddenly had images of banjo playing stippers with no teeth, who jist left their day jobs at the waffle house to come make some extra money. No thanx. I have standards.

IN other news, I have to report that the Savannah trip is off. I'm in a bit of a financial crunch at the moment, and it seems I'm not alone. Intead I'm thinking of just an outing in the metro PTC or Atlanta area. Or we could stay in and just make our neighbor hate us. I'm tasking my social secretaries (Susan, Grace, and Jersey) to submit ideas by the end of the week.

I did find one redeeming factor of the Kenuckiana region this morning. I needed to replace the beer I drank that I didn't buy. SO i stopped at the Liquor Barn. Now, imagine a liquor store the size of a Publix. It's huge, and they see to have about everything there. A huge assortment of Wines on several aisles, and on the next one an large assormtnet of cheese and crackers to go with the wine. ANd beer from many nations (though no Victoria Bitter) Theres much potential there.

Well, I'm off. I'm working afternoon shifts this week, and I must say its much more pleasant to wake up naturally than to the sound of an alarm. Stay tuned for info on any brithday gatherings. I do apologize for the lack of the SV excursion. I know many were really looking forward to it, as was I. We'll find some trouble to get into though.

No comments:

Post a Comment